News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Personally I prefer a minority parliament.

With a strong majority you run the risk of a loon in government like Harper and his Ominbus bills, Hatred of science, etc.

At least with minorities you have checks and balances

This is a tough election decision for me. Freeland is my MP and I think she is a quality parliamentarian who deserves my vote. On the other hand If we do not have a Liberal majority I would rather there be a Conservative minority than a Liberal one. Of the party leaders I probably dislike Trudeau the most
I am in the same boat with Rob Oliphant. Excellent MP, but I am not a fan of Trudeau's performance and want to make that known. Yet, I am not enthusiastic about Scheer to just hand him my vote.

Depending on how the election progresses and the by-riding polls look, I may well end up voting Green. At least that way I may vote to signal to all three parties to take environmental issues seriously, even though I don't particularly care for Elizabeth May as party leader. (Oh how I wish Mike Schreiner was the leader of the Federal Greens)

I am in the same boat with Rob Oliphant. Excellent MP, but I am not a fan of Trudeau's performance and want to make that known. Yet, I am not enthusiastic about Scheer to just hand him my vote.

Depending on how the election progresses and the by-riding polls look, I may well end up voting Green. At least that way I may vote to signal to all three parties to take environmental issues seriously, even though I don't particularly care for Elizabeth May as party leader. (Oh how I wish Mike Schreiner was the leader of the Federal Greens)

That's me in a nutshell. I've voted NDP since I was 18 and was close friends with NDP MP Dan Harris.

I don't like Jagmeet. I think he is incompetent but I also do not like Trudeau. I will be voting Green rather than vote for Bill Blair.

This is a tough election decision for me. Freeland is my MP and I think she is a quality parliamentarian who deserves my vote. On the other hand If we do not have a Liberal majority I would rather there be a Conservative minority than a Liberal one. Of the party leaders I probably dislike Trudeau the most

I like her a lot. She would be my choice for Liberal leader and PM if Trudeau was out of the picture.

With a strong majority you run the risk of a loon in government like Harper and his Ominbus bills, Hatred of science, etc.

We could have the same "checks and balances" effect if Parliament was allowed to function properly, rather than the PMO and a bunch of unelected partisan staffers executing public policy.

With a strong majority you run the risk of a Harper government that painlessly restored Canada's balanced budget, reduced crime throughout his mandate, and had the best GDP growth, best employment growth, and lowest debt growth in the G7.
Horrors if that should happen again.

With a strong majority you run the risk of a Harper government that painlessly restored Canada's balanced budget, reduced crime throughout his mandate, and had the best GDP growth, best employment growth, and lowest debt growth in the G7.
Horrors if that should happen again.

Go crawl back in your hole, troll.

The rest of us are having an adult conversation; you weren't invited.

So the full Liberal platform is out.............and from my perspective it really is disappointing.

Article here:

Full Platform:

I promised, and will deliver a comprehensive analysis of the various platforms, shortly.

For now, let me say; I find the rhetorical ideas here to be mostly praiseworthy; but I find the details to show promises that are underfunded, sometimes severely, and/or contain a lack of detail and specificity on how they will be delivered.

Additionally, I don't see what I would pass off as fiscally responsible policy. The proposal runs deficits for each of the next 4 years, while showing a negligible decline in debt to GDP. Its revenue and expense projections are fuzzy and/or have high levels of uncertainty which to me is irresponsible in particular when deficits are high and growing and their are risks of economic headwinds.

For me, the promises on gun control miss key critical elements; the proposals on Pharmacare are woefully underfunded and amount to a hill of beans.

Just very disappointing. That doesn't make a vote for Scheer remotely plausible. But its hard to stomach voting for THAT.

There's nothing that specific but I"m sure there will be more policies aimed at targeting "rich doctors".

My favourite chart on the topic. The independent Senators are the most partisan. They also vote with Trudeau more than the CPC Senators vote against him.
Graph_web-2-800x800.jpg

Just noticed something interesting via the Elections Canada website.

I work at Maple Leaf Square condos where we have two towers with two distinct postal codes.
M5J 0A6 (55 Bremner) and M5J 0A7 (65 Bremner).

According to Elections Canada despite being connected and part of the same condo corp the two towers are voting at two different places.

65 Bremner:

Screenshot_20190929-184943_Chrome.jpg

55 Bremner:

Screenshot_20190929-184926_Chrome.jpg

Not sure if this an oversight with their website but if not it will cass mass confusion on election day.

Even my home address shows a polling station being moved a 10 minute walk away despite having been in the same place for the last 30 or more years.

This should he interesting.

Many condos have polling stations at the condo -- perhaps one tower is doing this and the other isn't?

Yes but the last few elections BOTH towers voted in our party room. That is the point I was trying to make.

Voters will expect their polling station to be unchanged only to have to go from Bay and Lakeshore to Bay and Queen.

But perhaps there is a reason that the one tower can't do it this time; you'd have to ask management. My polling station has also changed, in my case likely because of accessibility issues.

Back