News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Last edited:
On the other hand, I wonder if he lost his US citizenship yet?

There's no way he's giving it up. It was very easy to say that he has an application in for revocation. I didn't believe that. He might have mailed that application if he became PM. No way he's doing it before then.

There's no way he's giving it up. It was very easy to say that he has an application in for revocation. I didn't believe that. He might have mailed that application if he became PM. No way he's doing it before then.

"I believe in Canada so, so much that I feel like I need to hedge the bet against being PM with my US citizenship renouncement - but stand up for Canada!!" doesn't sound like a terribly great soundbite.

AoD

Last edited:
This western alienation thing makes no sense. You had representation in the federal government, but chose to abandon it and vote for a party that no one else in Canada was going to vote for and that had no chance of capturing government, and now you complain you have no representation in the federal government. Isn’t that a self inflicted wound?

This western alienation thing makes no sense. You had representation in the federal government, but chose to abandon it and vote for a party that no one else in Canada was going to vote for and that had no chance of capturing government, and now you complain you have no representation in the federal government. Isn’t that a self inflicted wound?
Well, from within their silo, they didn't know or care that "no one else in Canada" would vote for them. Or at least they *expected* it to be so, out of entitlement and Harper-fueled precedent.

And they may have had a point; because usually, when polling numbers rise into plurality territory like they did, a lot of the rise is absorbed in the lower-down and target seats, because the nuclear strongholds as in AlSask are already maxed out. Instead, the nuclear strongholds became even *more* nuclear, while Ontario and Quebec remained flat...

Ouch.

“It was like having a breakaway on an open net and missing the net,” said Peter MacKay about the Conservatives’ election loss today. Issues like abortion & same-sex marriage “hung around Andrew Scheer’s neck like a stinking albatross.”

Last edited:
Right wing people I know always say that our media is left-biased. Left wing people I know always say that our media is right-biased. So I would say that our own biases inform our perceptions of bias.

True word.

Which is why as a pathological centrist I can say with some certainty that our media are indeed biased.

I mean, there are obviously biased media like The Rebel and Rabble. Pretty definitive biases on both parts. But the Star gets called libtard and right-wing, as does CBC, which I find hilarious.

Right wing people I know always say that our media is left-biased. Left wing people I know always say that our media is right-biased. So I would say that our own biases inform our perceptions of bias.

I found the media in general treated Trudeau with kid gloves while it went after Scheer viciously over trivialities like whether he sold insurance and his dual citizenship which frankly do not carry the same weight as SNC-Lavalin, Trans-Mountain, blocking the reparations for victimized indigenous people and breaking the promise of electoral reform.

You don't have to be partisan to see the media's hypocrisy and double standarded bias.

Back