News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It is rumoured Putin will be invoking another round of mobilization. He is feeding Russia's future of young men to the meat grinder,
None of that matters to Putin. Imagine if the Wehrmacht in 1945 was getting its ass kicked in France and the USSR but that the Allies stopped at the German border and left Hitler and the government of Nazi Germany intact. Would Hitler care if Germany’s young men were being sent into the grinder? No. And neither does Putin.

Outside of domestic revolt, which is unlikely to succeed, Putin knows he’s untouchable. Hence his plan to wait out what he may call the decadent and distractible West. Putin doesn’t care about Russia’s educated young men fleeing the country, as that makes it easier to control the narrative to the drones left behind. Nor does Putin care about Russia’s future, at 70+ years old Putin has at best another ten to fifteen years to live.

Last edited:

Amazing piece by Michael Weiss. Prighozin's coup came way closer than we thought. And has massive implications for the regime.

See: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66276788

Crimea bridge closed after fuel depot hit - Russia​

A drone attack on an ammunition depot in Crimea has led to civilian evacuations and disrupted transport, Russian authorities have said.
Sergei Aksyonov, the Russian-installed governor of occupied Crimea, said Ukraine was behind the attack, without providing evidence.
Mr Aksyonov said local residents living within five kilometres of the blast were being evacuated.
Rail services across the Kerch bridge have also reportedly been halted.

Earlier on Saturday, Russian authorities stopped traffic on the bridge, but then swiftly reopened it to cars.
A later update from the Moscow-installed government said road traffic was again halted until further notice.

look-smile.gif

I see that Canada and others have imposed new sanctions today. Has anyone done a compilation of these as I bet it would reveal some interesting links to see who (or what) is sanctioned by countries A, B and C but not by country D.
The shops seem to be doing okay under the sanctions.

Of course most consumer goods come from China, which has open rail and air connections with Russia. With soon rail links with India to come.

Last edited:
The shops seem to be doing okay under the sanctions.

You gotta be careful with the propaganda. They love showing Moscow and St. Petersburg. Ask him to show how the stores are doing in Chelyabinsk. Also, the Ruble is still declining in value. It's now worth less than a eurocent. Lots of foreign goods, even from China, getting more and more expensive. They are going back to Soviet days, slowly, but surely.

How’s Anand doing in this role? When she accepted the job I expect Anand thought her focus was going to be championing further cuts, along with navigating #Metoo issues, and driving diversity recruiting. Instead she’s leading the DND in a European war.
I guess that answers my question. Not matter the attempt at positive spin.

I assume by Trudeau’s appointment of an old white guy who once ran a strictly hierarchal and old school organization that the focus on #metoo and diversity recruiting is now on the back burner. But is Bill Blair up to the job?

Last edited:
I guess that answers my question. Not matter the attempt at positive spin.

I agree with her. For most it would be a demotion. But given her unique attention to detail, it's not a demotion for her. They need somebody like her to fix TB. And most people don't understand how important TB is. All those issues with military procurement or COVID vaccine contracting? TB. Issues with military housing allowances? TB. Taking decades to build HFR? Partially TB. I hope she takes the broom to TB.

Back