News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will Flair or Lynx ground operations by mid 2024 like this aviation expert predicts?

It is quite possible. Offhand, I feel Flair may be more likely to survive. First, because it is less exposed to the hyper competitive Calgary market cited in the article and second because it started sooner, so it is a bit more established.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lynx go under, they are way more Calgary-centric than Flair, so it seems they’re putting all their eggs in one basket vs Flair. I flew with them in November coming back to Edmonton from YYZ and everything seemed so “dated.” When you check in online it doesn’t even generate a QR code for your smartphone wallet.

Flair(and probably Lynx but I have no experience with them) are incredibly important to have in the market. Even with the "inconvenience" of having to pay for luggage beforehand, flights are like half the price of westjet or AirCanada once everything is paid for. I don't know why but there seems to be an apprehension from lots of people to book on low cost carriers in this country which is why they have service issues, but if the public was smart enough to book the $100 ticket instead of the $400 ticket for their 1-2 hour flight then Flair and Lynx could be more consistent with their services and half less cancellations. If the last of our low cost airlines go away airfair is going to skyrocket.

My 2024 Predictions:

1. There will be another Talus Dome related incident, probably another person will get stuck inside it
2. Someone will drive onto the LRT tracks at 82nd ave and 83rd st
3. At least 20 more instances of people jumping from the top level of WEM either into the lake or onto the roof of the Cinnabon thinking they're funny (they're not, it's been done a million times already)
4. At least 15 more Bird and Lime scooters will end up in the river
5. Someone will end up on the upper level of the Tawatina Bridge

My 2024 Predictions:

1. There will be another Talus Dome related incident, probably another person will get stuck inside it
3. At least 20 more instances of people jumping from the top level of WEM either into the lake or onto the roof of the Cinnabon thinking they're funny (they're not, it's been done a million times already)

Are these your 2024 Predictions, or are these your 2024 Darwin Awards?

My 2024 Predictions:

Finally, some predictions that are guaranteed to happen

My 2024 Predictions:

6. I'll do all of these to prove you right

Flair(and probably Lynx but I have no experience with them) are incredibly important to have in the market. Even with the "inconvenience" of having to pay for luggage beforehand, flights are like half the price of westjet or AirCanada once everything is paid for. I don't know why but there seems to be an apprehension from lots of people to book on low cost carriers in this country which is why they have service issues, but if the public was smart enough to book the $100 ticket instead of the $400 ticket for their 1-2 hour flight then Flair and Lynx could be more consistent with their services and half less cancellations. If the last of our low cost airlines go away airfair is going to skyrocket.
I've used flair a few times, with modest expectations and only a backpack to fly to Vancouver and to Toronto. I had no issues and saved a ton of money.
I will check with them first the next time I fly, so they better stick around!

I've used flair a few times, with modest expectations and only a backpack to fly to Vancouver and to Toronto. I had no issues and saved a ton of money.
I will check with them first the next time I fly, so they better stick around!

Their prices are great but they barely make any money per person because a large part of the ticket price is for high airport fees and taxes. The argument against their survival from some analysts was the fees are too high in Canada to make low cost carriers viable.

I know my Flair flight to San Francisco when they flew there resulted in about $15 for Flair and the rest to those other fees.

Back