News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

It's too bad, as every state should be a battleground state, where their vote should not be taken for granted. That's only because residents in other states are sheeple, never changing their party no matter who's running, and thus refuse to put their votes in play. If Californians refused to be default Democrats or West Virginians default Republicans, their votes would matter just as much as Pennsylvanians. Every state should be a battleground state, and the residents of those states are the only reason they're not. Albertans do the same here in Canada, the Cons don't even bother to campaign there as they know Albertans won't vote federally any other way but Con.
If the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is adopted, then every vote becomes relevant. 39% of the electoral college is already on board, and it would come into effect once 50% participates.

What on earth is this thing with people eating dogs and cats?
Meanwhile, far-right commentator Laura Loomer eats dog food as part of far-right YouTube alternative Rumble’s expansion into the dog food business:

Yes, Rumble, a website that hosts plenty of far-right conspiracy videos popular with the MAGA crowd and partly funded by JD Vance, is actually based in downtown Toronto.

What on earth is this thing with people eating dogs and cats?
Apparently it started with some rumour that newcomers from Haiti were catching and eating ducks and geese in public parks. Total racist BS, but I wish people would eat Canada Geese. They’re a scourge on our parks and waterways.

Apparently it started with some rumour that newcomers from Haiti were catching and eating ducks and geese in public parks. Total racist BS, but I wish people would eat Canada Geese. They’re a scourge on our parks and waterways.

I have. It's just okay.

I was going to say, there must be a pretty good historical reason why we don't eat geese. Must not be tasty.

I was going to say, there must be a pretty good historical reason why we don't eat geese. Must not be tasty.
There's a lot of little reasons, but I think historically it's really the rise of mass produced pork, plus how easy most pork is to cook without screwing it up to an unpalatable point, and in-turn its ubiquity brought a much lower cost relative to other non-chicken poultry, especially here in "Hogtown".

You could say lamb wound up suffering the same fate as goose in Ontario/Canada for the same reasons.

Last edited:
George Washington, aka POTUS No. 1 was a fan of goose meat.

One of future POTUS 🤞Harris’ (I refuse to follow the US practice of following “s” ending names with apostrophes and another “s”) favourite food is apparently gumbo, which can be cooked with goose.

Never let it be said that I don’t try to bring us back on topic.

Goose tastes fine.

But it does have a slightly stronger flavour that today's domesticated turkey.

It compares to Duck, its not quite the same, some would argue it actually has a slightly beefy taste.

Winter Goose is quite fatty, while this can make it rich and flavourful, it can also be a grease bomb. It requires proper trimming and preparation, and if roasted, you will want will have to skim the jus/gravy quite a bit..

Summer Goose is actually fairly lean, and can and probably should be treated a bit like a lean steak. Grilled to medium rare. (You would just use the breast meat) .

Canada Goose, to my knowledge is not raised domestically for meat, but hunters can and do eat a fair bit each year.

Cooked Goose (not my photo)

1726075514190.png

Image source: https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ac5fad288f7a0df6d4786f7b169a8fd2-lq

Credit: Brock Pan-Yellow - user Quora

Since this has turned into a culinary thread . . .

Personal taste but I find goose greasy. Like any wild game, much depends on preparation, time of year and environment. Some are more forgiving than others if you muck it up. I've had bear that was quite good, I've had venison that was 'meh'. I've had beaver tail (don't ask and, no, not the ones from Ottawa). Some game is simply beyond redemption. I've not heard of anyone, including FN people living off the land, who eats diving or 'fish' ducks such as Loons and Mergansers.

Domestic geese were more common in the past when raised by small farms. I can only guess why they didn't commercialize well like chickens turkeys, but can guess that:
- waterfowl are generally more costly to raise at any kind of scale. They don't lend themselves to feedlots.
- their meat-waste ratio is fairly low (although I imagine so was turkey in the early days)
- they are ornery.

Last edited:
I had it around Christmas, I think shot in the late fall. It was a bit like roast beef crossed with turkey. It was fine.

Back