News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Edmonton will be putting forward facility upgrades for Commonwealth, Borden Park and some other spots in its bid package, which isn't too surprising. Commonwealth Stadium would be the premier venue for the Games in the province, no doubt.

Edmonton will be putting forward facility upgrades for Commonwealth, Borden Park and some other spots in its bid package, which isn't too surprising. Commonwealth Stadium would be the premier venue for the Games in the province, no doubt.
Haha. 100%. Nobody wants to be cramped in McMahon Stadium trying to buy food or use the bathrooms. So bad.

I'd assume something like the new velodrome facility would be utilized too, maybe the Kinsmen too (does Calgary have a better pool? I have no idea). Commonwealth hosting the track and field portion of the games would be huge for the City.

And what about this crazy idea... an athletes village built somewhere like the Quarters? Attempt to spur development there that way.

I'd assume something like the new velodrome facility would be utilized too, maybe the Kinsmen too (does Calgary have a better pool? I have no idea). Commonwealth hosting the track and field portion of the games would be huge for the City.

And what about this crazy idea... an athletes village built somewhere like the Quarters? Attempt to spur development there that way.

Exhibition Lands and Borden Park is my bet.

Maybe this provides the rational to replace McMahon...

I hope not. McMahon has noise restrictions that prevents any stadium concerts from being held in Calgary and I want that to continue. Thankfully, Edmonton has been able to host stadium concerts by the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, U2, The Police, Metallica, Guns & Roses and Garth Brooks.

I hope not. McMahon has noise restrictions that prevents any stadium concerts from being held in Calgary and I want that to continue. Thankfully, Edmonton has been able to host stadium concerts by the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, U2, The Police, Metallica, Guns & Roses and Garth Brooks.
Is that why Canada didn't get any dates on Taylor Swift's Eras tour? She couldn't go to McMahon because of noise bylaws, she couldn't go to the Saddledome because the roof is too low accommodate her equipment, and she thought Edmonton was too far? :)

Calgary looking to resurrect their field house expansion... which makes me believe that McMahon would not be far behind to make this the epicentre for their bid.

proposed-calgary-fieldhouse-1-6455362-1687729304999.jpg

Back