News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

Canuck:

Here's a link to a very large jpeg of Maldive's future rendering (more than one meg) that you can use with permission.

Fun to see all the projects in detail....

Maldive Future Render

canuck,in the 126 simcoe st pdf it says that festival tower is 165m. do you think that the height should be updated or keep it the same.btw great work on the new list.

Of course, if the city of Toronto thinks it's going to be that height, it's good enough for me.

I tend to ignore the heights of surrounding buildings posted in these reports as I've noticed they tend be assumed

the maximum allowable height upon approval is 152m and I've haven't seen anything on the CofA agenda to suggest an increase (157m for ornamental or public art displays)

What height do you suggest I list it as? I had it at 156/157m before.

canuck ,since this is the only height given that somewhat makes sense do you think we could use it on the list for now.
1bdiagram.jpg

Yes, this is the 'best estimate' that we will probably have until the final design is released at some unknown time in the future. I would not count the below-ground floors in the height, though -- its a 76-floor building in my book (that is the visible floor count, right?)

1 Bloor East - 732 ft. 76 floors / Proposed

sounds good enough for now. Any future changes would be upward, so these numbers would be a reasonable minimum.

Bill

I'd appreciate people having a look through the buildings I currently have listed under "not approved", to let me know if any have in fact cleared city hall.

Projects like Two City Hall & 40 Wellesley especially.

^neither have been approved

pretty sure Mississauga has approved Parkside Village

The one I am not sure about is 1BE. I gather that it is already approved at the currently listed height, which is why it will be under construction so soon, but that there may be a height increase requested, which would require a variance (but not the entire re-approval).

So 1BE could be listed under either 'Proposed' or 'Approved', but it is actually closer to "Approved".

Bill

1BE wont be under construction for a while...I think they said demolition of existing buildings in late 2007, sales office only opens in Feb of 2008...plus probably most of 2008 for sales...you are looking at very late 2008 for a construction start, at best..

mark - I'm looking for some secondary confirmation of that. Both UrbanDatabase and Emporis still have it as proposed.
Thanks for confirming the others.

Re: 1 Bloor East. Perhaps, it could go either way. I'll let it sit in Proposed for now though as it seems likely they'll come back with a modified design.

Back