News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I find it funny when articles or politicians say things like "we can't afford this right now" in the middle of posting record surpluses. If we can't afford it now, there is no way we can afford it anytime in the future. Lol.
As usual Keith Gerein thinks Edmonotn shouldn't have any nice things.

I find it funny when articles or politicians say things like "we can't afford this right now" in the middle of posting record surpluses. If we can't afford it now, there is no way we can afford it anytime in the future. Lol.
Affordability is not relevant to politics. When a politician is facing reelection, sometimes it is ignored or dismissed. After the election, it just become an excuse.

The article does a good job of reviewing history - two of our major hospitals are from the 1960's and earlier, the last one built in Edmonton is now well over 30 years old.

As usual Keith Gerein thinks Edmonotn shouldn't have any nice things.
Actually that's not his point at all. He's pointing out the MANY glaring deficiencies in Edmonton's health system and lack of beds and saying we need a comprehensive look at the priorities to decide which one needs to be at the top of the list.

Affordability is not relevant to politics. When a politician is facing reelection, sometimes it is ignored or dismissed. After the election, it just become an excuse.

The article does a good job of reviewing history - two of our major hospitals are from the 1960's and earlier, the last one built in Edmonton is now well over 30 years old.
Metro population has almost doubled since Grey Nuns opened.

Actually that's not his point at all. He's pointing out the MANY glaring deficiencies in Edmonton's health system and lack of beds and saying we need a comprehensive look at the priorities to decide which one needs to be at the top of the list.
Gerein is not the one who delayed and cancelled large hospital projects here, he is just conveying the history. If he seems quite cynical about this, I feel he has reason to be.

I also feel he has raised good points about what AHS priorities are and how they seem to have shifted without much explanation to align with what politicians want to focus on.

Maybe replacing or doing major work on a hospital built in 1969, which is now over 50 years old, should be a higher priority than it is. Just a thought.

WTF?
1680236799649.png

Back