News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

WTF have entered a dystopian world already.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/banff-centre-board-fired-administrator-1.7010519
1698628260989.png

Who knew there was a “Banff Center of the Performing Arts?” I stopped going there and to Canmore since they became suburbs of YYC…….

It's huge especially for the classical musicians in Alberta, I know several violinists and violists from Edmonton and area who make the trip down to Banff just for repairs at the Banff Centre

Scott Nye COO - Inflexion Games / Chair - Digital Alberta

Reviewing yesterday's Speech from the Throne, it behooves me to speak to calls for economic diversification. At Inflexion Games, we're celebrating the opening of a new office space in Montreal, PQ and the expansion of our office space in Vancouver, BC. Both of those provinces offer IDM support programs that encourage us to hire local talent and grow our teams there. Contrast that to Alberta, which continues to lack any specific programs for our sector, and where we have canceled our option to double our footprint in Edmonton's downtown core. The consequence is the building in downtown Edmonton we were evaluating for our growth sits vacant and has recently been put up for sale. As Chair of Digital Alberta I hope to sit down with Minister Nate Glubish and his team soon so we can review their recently completed IDM study and ensure our sector can grow right here at home.

Scott Nye COO - Inflexion Games / Chair - Digital Alberta

Reviewing yesterday's Speech from the Throne, it behooves me to speak to calls for economic diversification. At Inflexion Games, we're celebrating the opening of a new office space in Montreal, PQ and the expansion of our office space in Vancouver, BC. Both of those provinces offer IDM support programs that encourage us to hire local talent and grow our teams there. Contrast that to Alberta, which continues to lack any specific programs for our sector, and where we have canceled our option to double our footprint in Edmonton's downtown core. The consequence is the building in downtown Edmonton we were evaluating for our growth sits vacant and has recently been put up for sale. As Chair of Digital Alberta I hope to sit down with Minister Nate Glubish and his team soon so we can review their recently completed IDM study and ensure our sector can grow right here at home.

Lets hope Scott can get the Minister's ear and tell him how unfriendly the UCP have been to our province's tech businesses.

"Freeland agreed, as has Alberta Premier Danielle Smith, who insists on holding the confab in Calgary."

I am not at all for this APP; however, while I know Calgary likes to think it is the stand-in Capital of this province, but since when did the government decide that Alberta government related talks and decisions must be held in Calgary? Am I missing something? Premiers and ministers need to meet in Calgary for a government sanctioned meeting? What????

Last edited:
Has there ever been an impact study on moving the capital out of Edmonton? I assume it would be devastating to the regional economy, but how devastating?

I think that a UCP government would eventually make that move, so it would be nice to be mentally prepared.

Back