News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sounds cultish. Like Ikea and starbucks. Venti Genuis Bar.

Still, some cults are ok to join.

I think Ikea and Apple have done a lot to wean the masses away from fuss and clutter and introduce them to good, clean contemporary design.

Me too. I'm typing this on my iMac, which is sitting on my Ikea desk, while drinking a cup of Starbucks!

I'll get an Intel Macbook Pro as soon as Suse Linux installs on it.

I popped in on Sunday. It's maybe 50% bigger than the Yorkdale store, but still not a flagship type location along the lines of the SoHo or Michigan Avenue stores.

Does anyone know when the Sherway store is, and where it's going?

It's months away. When I was there last week, none of the hoardings around the few store locations that are being renovated had any Apple markings on them, and usually those are put up 3 months ahead to build anticipation.

^ Yep, there's no vacant location in the mall that I saw yesterday that didn't seem taken.

Gawker.com has this to say this morning about the new 5th Avenue Apple store:

"Ohmahgah, the NEW APPLE STORE WILL OPEN TOMORROW THANK YOU LORD STEVE! Curbed has a sneak peek inside the new 5th Avenue cube, and reportedly the cult leader himself will be present when the store opens. Now wipe that drool off your face and work on losing your virginity. "

Something like that 5th Avenue store on Bloor West would have been cool.

It's gorgeous. Is the cube actually connected to the skyscraper, or just in front of it? Would they actually have business 24/7?

Ah, Ed Stone's GM. Couldn't happen to a more deserving building (deserving of improvement, that is)

Back