News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I've said it before - I still think if they were going to keep part of the old building, they should have started it at the 20th floor - which would have made a comment about heritage preservation and would have given some visual interest to the tower.

Or inverted it. Or run a zig zag through the middle.

I actually agree with this sentiment. If you're going to destroy any thread of integrity anyway, why not have a little fun with it?

3375488273_2e733e2b7f_b.jpg

3375482991_6e8fc66653_b.jpg

3376297720_68754a0b71_b.jpg

Oh nice they're filling in the glass from the construction elevators now. Can't wait to see that side finished.

The lobby-level may yet turn out to be the best part of the project. I love the way the building appears to be hoisted up on pilotis. Thanks for the pics.

I have a (probably) unrealistic hope that there'll be an even larger demand for office space in the next cycle, causing Brookfield to place an even taller tower here. At the very least I'm hoping for a more "iconic" redesign, rather than a shorter and even stubbier version of this tower. Hell, even if they remade it in some zany contrasting colour/material I'd be happy. The B/A Centre won't become the next TD Centre, so they might as well have some fun with it.

I'm just hoping that BAC II is ten stories taller than BAC I when built instead of ten stories shorter as is the current plan.

Back