News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I would like to see it at least 10 stories taller and maybe not as stubby.

I think Toronto has one of the most colourful set of skyscrapers in a dense area. Red, Black, Gold, Green, White (BMO turning grey), Blue now with BAC, More green with RBC Dexia, Brown, 145 King Street, Greyish (CIBC)

Or perhaps move this shard-esque scribble I did for the Toronto's Second supertall? thread (Architecture & Urban Design) from the proposed Harbour Commission site... over to BAC2. Adam no likey triangles but me likey them alot.

http://www.upside-down.ca/sdphotos/torontoshard.jpg

3378906001_5e0aa3e19a_b.jpg

from upstateknitter at www.flickr.com

The glass, especially the darker shadowy section on the lower portion, looks great in this shot. It looks like it is taken from the Sheraton. Never thought to go into a hotel to try and take pictures but probably some good vantages from windows at the end of the hall or from common areas.

Terrific shot. BAC looks really good from that vantage point.

Crikey! It does look good in this shot! What kind of devilry is this?!

The cumulative effect of having another two or three nicely-proportioned towers of varying heights in this design - forming a wan, ghostly, counterpoint to the TD Centre - wouldn't be displeasing to the eye. It wouldn't be the sort of brash, corporate one-upmanship that office towers normally indulge in, but it wouldn't by out of step with what our better local architects have been building lately ( Freedville etc. ) either.

If the next two phases look the exact same, I'll live as long as they build one of them taller. Let's go for 900' at least, though I'm always saving hope for Toronto/Canada's new tallest.

if you want architects and developers to alter or heighten projects go out and create profit in canadian corporations! you know, generate billions for all those law firms, banks and insurance companies, consequently necessitating new office space.

the height of the buildings in toronto are reflective of the success and demand of companies. there was a recent article explaining how BAC, RBC and Telus, while complete and financially safe, will have initial difficulty filling out their tenant space.

i say instead of hoping for supertalls, we strive for aesthetic excellence and uniqueness.

I'd love to see the BAC duo become something like the Bay Wellington Tower and the TD Canada Trust Tower.... similar materials, similar street-level, but one roof clearly making an impression over the other.

I don't think the buildings have to form a 'TD Centre' necessarily. The main thing is for new buildings to relate to each other and be responsive to their context. I've criticized RBC for the lack of this, even though I think the building is pretty. In the picture below I find the glass of BAC fits in beautifully to its surroundings, the contrast elevating the simple minimalism of BAC in a meaningful way. It works.

3378906001_5e0aa3e19a_b.jpg

from upstateknitter at www.flickr.com

Back