News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Will the signs ever go up? Maybe they're waiting for nice weather, with the high winds that usually are around in the winter.

What's the report out of curiosity.
Just out of one of the Canadian investment dealers quarterly analyst reports. I assume the info appeared in Brookfield's quarterly report, or was revealed on an analyst conference call.

I was negotiating with them for those floors for UT HQ but it fell though. Yonge & Eglinton was my second choice.

lol... I can just imagine the huge "Urban Toronto" logo atop the Bay Adelaide Centre! That would be EPIC! lol...

Yeah... where the heck is that logo... I'm looking forward to seeing it just to see how it looks against the other logos... Its been quite a while...

They are putting up a large frame for what could be a tent (?) in the square next to BA - large enough to enclose most of the square, including many of the trees - it's a pretty big frame.....anybody know what this is for?

Hmm. Not sure. There is a new restaurant opening within the footprint of the future Bay Adelaide East Tower, called South of Temperance. The job fair was last week - so it's not needed for that...

SofTemp1.jpg

SofTemp2.jpg

image1.gif

It seems they are going with 'restaurant'.

The plan for the east tower is office, while the north tower is meant to be hotel and condo, but as there is no movement on either of those towers, who knows how plans may change before either are built. The current plan for those two towers does satisfy the City's objectives for the site, so if those don't change, the current plan for the towers will likely persist.

Very cool stuff! But its a very awkward place for a restaurant! :D Its so open in front of it!..i guess we won't be seeing BA2 go up for another few years :(

given the surplus of office space in Toronto, and the projected growth of the economy, it is not surprising that a restaurant is being built on the BAC2 site. i expect the hotel/condominium to go up first, given the nature of the market and Toronto's [1] need for more luxury hotels and [2] growing reputation as a tourist destination.

I couldn't have hoped for a better design for that restaurant on the site. It has that "Toronto Financial District chic" that is similar to The KEG in the area, and that Japanese lounge (Ki) at Brookfield Place.

mmmm...no, i was being serious. i can see where you are coming from, if you think that after trump, ritz and shangri-la, toronto doesn't need anymore luxury hotels. but considering toronto is a major international city, and we only now have multiple luxury hotels under construction, i would say the city could use more. the amount of business people, politicians, intellectuals and celebrities that come to toronto justifies further construction. hotels are a symbol of status. i personally, don't care for such things, but it's true from the hierarchical "global cities" school of thinking.

Last edited:
sure, i agree with everything you are saying about turning toronto into more of an international city but there is not enough demand in the city to support more than the ritz, shangri-la, trump and four seasons. any more 5 star hotels and there will be a huge over supply, in fact, we won't even know for a few years still if the city already is oversupplied with them. building any more will certainly be a mistake and same goes with building any more office space in the city. a booming economy like what toronto is currently going through is only sustainable for so long. it is cyclical and bound to end eventually. it can either end by gradually slowing down or coming to an abrupt halt like the city of dubai. your call :p

Need and desire are two different things. The five star hotels are a by-product of the luxury condo market which, last I heard, is pretty flat.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who owns and will manage this restaurant? Brookfield?? lol

Back