News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think fantasy..

I think there is a very good chance that we will see a couple more office towers, in addition to today's news about Bremner Tower....at least, those are the rumblings I have heard from an ICI friend of mine - no details though......

Though I'd appreciate the TD Centre-esque plaza of matching modernist towers, I'm exciting about the prospect of a fresh design for this site. I'm also eager to see what KPMB can do with a tall office tower (hopefully something a little more interesting than 18 York).

From DCN, East Tower: http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...d7f58f36f507&projectid=9098100&region=ontario

OFFICE BUILDING
Proj: 9098100-4
CONTEMPLATED

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
Bay Adelaide Centre East Tower, Phase Three, Bay St, Adelaide St, M5C
$25,000,000 est

Note: Conceptual planning is ongoing at the Owner. Owner is seeking tenants. Scheduling for Design, tender and construction of this project will be identified when a tenant is secured. Owner will secure an Architect to complete Detailed design and Working drawings when a major tenant has been finalized. Further update Spring, 2011.

Project: proposed construction of a commercial office building. Phases One and Two of this project can be followed under report numbers 1197167 and 9098097 respectively. The project will aim for a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Standard.

Scope: 45 storeys; 2 storeys below grade

Development: New

Category: Commercial offices

Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
First report Tue Mar 24, 2009. Last report Wed Jun 30, 2010.
This report Thu Dec 02, 2010.

From DCN, North Tower: http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...f5811a32c9c7&projectid=9098097&region=ontario

RESIDENTIAL, HOTEL BUILDING
Proj: 9098097-4
CONTEMPLATED

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
Bay Adelaide Centre,North Tower, Phase Two, Temperance St, Bay St, Adelaide St, M5C
$20,000,000 est

Note: Conceptual planning is ongoing at the Owner. Owner is seeking tenants. Scheduling for Design, tender and construction of this project will be identified when a tenant is secured. Owner will secure an Architect to complete Detailed design and Working drawings when a major tenant has been finalized. Further update Spring, 2011.

Project: proposed construction of a mixed use building with hotel and residential units. Phase One of this project can be followed under report number 1197167. Phase Three can be followed under report number 9098100. This project will aim for a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Standard.

Scope: 35 storeys; 2 storeys below grade

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Hotels, motels

Owner Complete information is available to subscribers. Click HERE to find out how to subscribe.
First report Tue Mar 24, 2009. Last report Wed Jun 30, 2010.
This report Thu Dec 02, 2010.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a "family" of buildings for Bay Adelaide but not clones. Buildings that look like they belong together, without being various sizes of the exact same building. What would be nice is similar design cues with coordinating cladding (not matching cladding) but with some various shapes and not more boxes.

Excuse the crude render. I'm just learning how to use SketchUp and I drew this from scratch with no idea of what I was doing. It is just an exercise to show how simple, various, geometric shapes could be employed to give a semblance of variety, from the clones of other complexes. (Though I love the TD Centre, we don't need another one a block away.)

5229824888_e841dd7d7a.jpg

I thought the exterior of these signs were plastic but it's actually some kind of rubberized material. You can see it rolled up on the outside of the scaffold in the first pic.

bacd1a.jpg

bacd1b.jpg

bacd1c.jpg

Back