News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

North and south sides are done. East side is lit up tonight but only white light as the sign cover is not yet up.

The north and east side of BA

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Nope, they're for real. I only use Photoshop (Elements) to re-size my images, to convert them to .JPG's from .CR2 files and to brighten images if required.

The box looks sexy

October12010068.jpg

While I feel it was a lost opportunity to develop one of the last remaining spaces for a supertall, I'm quite content with this sleek glass tower as a secondary layer of our skyline. Trump would have looked awesome as the king of our skyline but it too is fulfilling a supporting role. Ironically, the old king -- First Canadian Place -- is set to become our skyline's "new" ruler with it's reflective pearly white glass.

On to the future, considering that the tower that was eventually built went up and down in height before settling in to the current height, it's not unreasonable to assume that the East and North towers will also fluctuate. When it is built sometime late in this decade, we could be dealing with a surge in office space demand.

...We can hope.

Trump would have been great with its original supertall height. and it would actually be a spire on our skyline, not just antennas. FCP has always been king of our skyline (being the tallest), and the antennas make it look even more dominant. Sears tower is to First Canadian Place for us (EXCLUDING the CN tower).

that would be nice, maybe then we'd get a supertall :D, i've got a funny feeling though we might be surprised and within a year or so we'll have about 5 new office towers proposed of a significant height (150 meters plus)

I dont know if BA-2 could ever be a supertall with all that crap of shadowing NPS..personally i think that BA-2 is further away and should be a bit taller than the first phase...if you cant built there were else can you.:confused:

I dont know if BA-2 could ever be a supertall with all that crap of shadowing NPS..personally i think that BA-2 is further away and should be a bit taller than the first phase...if you cant built there were else can you.:confused:

i wasn't reffering to ba 2 or 3, just other areas where there might be office development

i wasn't reffering to ba 2 or 3, just other areas where there might be office development

Well we all know that Southcore Financial Ctr. is starting up, and there is also that possibility that Cadillac Fairview doesnt want to be left out and start sooner than expected on 16 York, dont forget were all dreaming on 45 Bay st and a much needed bus terminal, also 171 Front st. may come to play sooner than expected...you never know anymore in Toronto where its going to happen.:)

the next phase will be an office tower designed by bruce kuwabara, it will see an entire redo of temperance street possibly in brick and renovations to cloud garden, with some potential for allowing natural light into the path system through sky lights. It will be a really exciting project and tranform the area

Back