News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

don't know if this was posted before, but Brookfield did a news release today, and there was some info regarding leasing activity at BA...

here's the link..

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aFJXjHYFm2ZY&refer=canada

the pertinent data...

"For new leases, Brookfield secured a 17-year new lease with Goodmans LLP at the Bay Adelaide Centre for 170,000 square feet, bringing the pre-leasing at this development to 38 percent".

Sounds like commercial leasing is hot all over North America..:)

This has been known for several months now, hasn't it?

Filip, you could very well be right....just too tired right now to go through the long thread...lol....:D

yes, but I think it was part of a congolmerate..called Branscan which based brookfield asset management out of new york, and brookfield properties out of Toronto.

I'm not sure though.

Brookfield Asset Management (TSX: BAM.A-T, NYSE: BAM) * Brookfield Asset Management is an asset management company focused on sectors that provide sustainable and growing long-term cash flows. These core sectors include property, power and infrastructure assets and financial services. They generally provide value appreciation over time, high barriers to entry, an opportunity to capture price escalation and require minimal on-going capital expenditures.

Brookfield Asset Management has a market capitalization of over $20 billion and in excess of $70 billion of assets under management. It employs approximately 6,500 in the Americas and Europe.

Assets Under Management
- Property: $26 billion
- Power: $10 billion
- Timber: $3 billion
- Transmission Infrastructure: $3 billion
- Specialty Funds: $29 billion
- Other Infrastructure: $2 billion

The company's asset management offerings include alternative-type investments, structured financial products, traditional fixed income and equities and finite-risk reinsurance. Its financial services encompass acquisition financing, bridge loans and project financing. In addition, Brookfield Asset Management owns a significant stake in a real estate services company offering home relocations, property appraisals, move-in services and home transaction closing services, and capital market services, including financial advisory, securities underwriting, and property brokerage. Brookfield Asset Management's clients mainly include governments, institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals.

The company's corporate headquarters are located in Toronto and New York. Its major investments presently include Brookfield Properties, Royal LePage, Transelec and Great Lakes Power Income Fund. It formerly controlled such major companies as Noranda Inc., Falconbridge Limited, Labatt, Royal Trust, Macmillan Bloedel and London Life.

History More than 100 years of owning, operating and developing infrastructure and property assets.
• 1899: The São Paulo Railway, Light and Power Company was founded.
• 1904: The Rio de Janeiro Light and Power Company was founded.
• 1912: Brazilian Traction, Light and Power Company Limited is incorporated in Toronto as a public company to develop hydro-electric power operations and other utility services in Brazil.
• 1916: Great lakes Power Company Limited is incorporated to provide hydro-electric power in Sault Ste. Marie and the Algoma District in Ontario.
• June 1966: Brazilian Traction, Light and Power Company Limited changes its name to Brazilian Light and Power Company Limited.
• June 4, 1969: Brazilian Light and Power Company Limited changes its name to Brascan Limited (BL).
• November 10, 2005: changes its name to Brookfield Asset Management (BAM). External link • Brookfield Asset Management www.brookfield.com

So dual headquarters? Cool.

What surprises me is the use of WFC in NYC as the logo. I would have mixed BCE Place in there, since arguably those two are its flagship properties.

So you like Construction?

947027553_41f5d38ddc_b.jpg

courtesy of beemphoto on flickr.com

On SSC, someone said that means it's for a different tower in this B-A Centre development... or atleast that's how it sounded. :eek:

But wouldn't this just be a second crane, but for construction of the first tower that we've seen renderings of, etc.??

Phew... I was going to say!

(Thought I was going nuts!)

On SSC, someone said that means it's for a different tower in this B-A Centre development... or atleast that's how it sounded. :eek:

But wouldn't this just be a second crane, but for construction of the first tower that we've seen renderings of, etc.??

Nah.. I said it's a second crane to grace the skies (considering it's a pretty unusual looking crane...)

Ohhh. Okay. That hole for B-A is huge, so i was wondering if they were going to prepare for an announcement of another tower or something. But of course, in reality that just doesn't happen haha.

Back