News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

But the one already assembled on site will rise 700 feet, right? If a second crane goes up, it's purpose is just to speed up the process, not because it is absolutely required. ( again speculation on my part)

to clarify ... if the current tower crane is good enough then why do they continue to use a mobile crane as well

I always try to offer articulate, thoughtful posts (12 years in literacy), so hopefully these thoughts will address the crane issue.

Go to this site. It is being serviced by the biggest/thickest (yah baby) crane I've ever seen in this country.

Maybe this will be enough.

to clarify ... if the current tower crane is good enough then why do they continue to use a mobile crane as well

Like SNF was making fun of me a moment ago about why I need to know where the second crane will go, when I look at the site and see the forms which have been built. I don't see where an additional tower crane will go. Unless of course, another set of forms is built at the other end of the site and a crane dropped in there.

The Temporary crane is currently parked on Adelaide, and quite some distance from where the actual tower portion of the building is proceeding. So we can speculate to what role it is currently playing in the construction process.

I always try to offer articulate, thoughtful posts (12 years in literacy), so hopefully these thoughts will address the crane issue.

Go to this site. It is being serviced by the biggest/thickest (yah baby) crane I've ever seen in this country.

Maybe this will be enough.

That's what I'm thinking likewise!

cross the border and you'll see many steel-framed skyscrapers have two of these bad boys (its still a tight site to store steel while the one crane fiddles pieces into places)

BayAdelaideCam-Aug9,07.jpg

yup, it could work. (I see now)

...however.

that second crane would need to get on site relatively quickly, considering the concrete is being poured for the shaft as we speak...........

This project will rise fast!!

Back