News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Fabulous pics tonight, CSW!

I'll say! Sensational shots of BA, RBC, Telus & the shot looking down on Trump. I really like the glass on BA, and of course Telus is terrific. It would have been even greater with another 15-20 floors to give it more prominence on the skyline but what we got is certainly no slouch.

Took these from the top of City Hall today:

img515312.jpg

img51491.jpg

img516613.jpg

img51681.jpg

img51941.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful shots, grey, we are getting spoiled here at UT!

390 Bay needs to be imploded, re-clad or something... it makes Toronto look like it's Cincinnati or something. I should have fond memories of the place seeing how I had my first real job interview there and ended up getting the position... but what an awful building. BA is looking amazing, I hope to come back to Toronto soon to see these beauties in person.

Fabulous pics tonight, CSW! wonder what the blue covering is to the east of BA?

It's insulation. That will be the roof of the underground PATH connection ScotiaPlaza-BayAdelaide-TheBay.

The sunken structure looks like they may be putting a reflecting pool there.

390 Bay needs to be imploded, re-clad or something... it makes Toronto look like it's Cincinnati or something. I should have fond memories of the place seeing how I had my first real job interview there and ended up getting the position... but what an awful building.

Aside from its replacing the Foresters building and maybe its not living up to its critical-node setting, the Thomson complex isn't *that* awful--or at least, its vertical pinstriping looks more banal in photos than in reality. In some funny way, maybe its "Cincinnati-ness" is its own best virtue.

When it comes to Toronto's vertical-pinstripers, I'm actually less fond of 2FCP: maybe the most boring and nondescript tower for its size and scale in the core. It's the architectural equivalent of Lauren Conrad, or something.

390 Bay needs to be imploded, re-clad or something... it makes Toronto look like it's Cincinnati or something. I should have fond memories of the place seeing how I had my first real job interview there and ended up getting the position... but what an awful building. BA is looking amazing, I hope to come back to Toronto soon to see these beauties in person.

I've always thought of 390 as a cheapened down version Eero Saarinen's CBS Building in NYC. I like 390 and the Thomson building, just wish they were both 10 storeys taller to accentuate the vertical a bit more.

When it comes to Toronto's vertical-pinstripers, I'm actually less fond of 2FCP: maybe the most boring and nondescript tower for its size and scale in the core. It's the architectural equivalent of Lauren Conrad, or something.

...and in which case, 1FCP might as well be Heidi Montag: i.e. too prepostrous to be merely boring. All that marble cladding as the architectural equivalent of bolt-ons...

We should also appreciate the cohesiveness that 390 Bay gives to the Nathan Phillips Square area with its concrete cladding. We barely have any cohesive areas downtown in terms of architecture, but the 'concrete district' can prove to be respectable, especially in a city so pleased with its modernist heritage.

Back