• Edmonton

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
couple cool pics i found on flickr

Calgary

3720980471_410966875b.jpg

Edmonton

3704540119_c0c3fa0e1f.jpg

Vancouver (not full skyline but shows great density)

spaceball.gif

Pics by

1. Randall Quon
2.nathansmithphoto
3. kcwilliamson2002

Last edited:
Good Montreal and Hamilton skyline pics...

Flar: Good skyline pics from both Montreal and Hamilton -
That "Wrap-Around" pic of the Montreal Skyline was amazing!
Thanks again-LI MIKE

Ive always liked the scotia building in montreal. That company likes to build their buildings in red.

Vancouver and Calgary.

Montreal has looked the same since the early 1990's.

Vancouver and Calgary.

Montreal has looked the same since the early 1990's.

That's a bad thing?

Although there's been very little change, it has nice balance and comes across as a much more balanced and better looking version of US skylines like Cleveland and Cincinnati etc.

Calgary is on its way to having a monster skyline and Vancouver could use a few more peeks to get over the sheer blandness of it all. My vote is for Montreal.

I vote for Montreal too... and my feeling was much the same about Montreal's downtown being laid out very much like an American city in that there is a good continuous density to it with lots of different peaks. In this sense Montreal beats Toronto too which has a lack of continuity to its downtown and is stretched out in a linear manner along Yonge Street and groups all of its tallest buildings in a single cluster.

Montreal has a far more interesting skyline - Vancouver is too homogenous. I do like Vancouver's density, however.

Calgary screams PoMo wannabe big city new money nightmare.

Mississauga and Niagara Falls shouldn't even be on the list - REAL cities, please!

If Mississauga and Niagara Falls are not real cities, does that mean their skylines are just an illusion, only exist in our imaginations?

Back