News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Apple, okay. The others need to stick to Yonge Street, and it is such a crime that TopShop moved into Jonathan + Olivia instead of setting up a flagship- the former Pier 1 Imports, across Urban Outfitters, would have been ideal I think.

I've been overseas for over a month now- has there really been no change in those leases? It seems a little strange to me that brands wouldn't lease the spaces now and begin their interior re-fitting in order to have their stores ready for when Bloor's reconstruction is complete. On top of the spaces you mentioned, pw20, isn't One Bedford devoting it's ground floor to retail? The site is a little far from Bloor-Yorkville proper, and the building isn't quite in the same league as The Four Seasons or Museum House, so I'm not sure what could arise.

I was initially thinking that Dior would move into the old cigar shop on the ground floor at the Park Hyatt, as during TIFF a couple of years ago they opened some sort of pop-up makeup/makeover space, and perhaps they could have been testing the waters. I suppose this isn't the case, then. Very exciting about Museum House retail though, and I've always thought LuLuLemon was a little out of place, if not on Bloor as whole then especially in that building.

Thanks for the updates and please keep them coming!

...it is such a crime that TopShop moved into Jonathan + Olivia instead of setting up a flagship

It's not the first time TopShop has set up a shop within an established retailer prior to opening a standalone. They may be just testing the market.

Not to mention the insanity that is the Bloor Street Revitalization project. Or the time it is taking, I should say, since I like the project overall.

Got an e-mail today saying that Aveda has returned to Yorkville. Their new location is at 155 Cumberland (where the temporary Lululemon used to be, I think)

Got an e-mail today saying that Aveda has returned to Yorkville. Their new location is at 155 Cumberland (where the temporary Lululemon used to be, I think)

Lulu has opened their full store at 155 so Aveda may be going next door in the same building.

Lulu has opened their full store at 155 so Aveda may be going next door in the same building.

Lululemon is still on Bloor as of today.

Did someone remove the "l" from Bloor? I don't remember the topic being named Boor-Yorkville before, haha.

Andy The-Anh boutique has shuttered for the second time after recently moving to Bellair St. Their original Yorkville Ave. boutique is still for lease after more than a year.

First, the shoe store next to Tiffany's, is closing.

I suspect Bloor Street will soon only have large international brands.

First, the shoe store next to Tiffany's, is closing.

I suspect Bloor Street will soon only have large international brands.

Which is fine - these are retailers can locate in Yorkville - there's a lot of space available directly on Bloor now - a couple stores here and there - and then the big 30,000 square feet of space near the church.
It'll be interesting to see when / if yorkville experiences a rebound - it's interesting that during the recession it fared fairly well - could be a lag I suspect.

What's fine about having large generic brands in yorkville? I could go to Yorkdale mall or Sherway if i wanted large international chains. The independently owned fashion boutiques are what made Bloor-Yorkville such a unique place to shop, Those boutiques have either closed or relocated and their spaces have been replaced by mid-market retailers.

What's fine about having large generic brands in yorkville? I could go to Yorkdale mall or Sherway if i wanted large international chains. The independently owned fashion boutiques are what made Bloor-Yorkville such a unique place to shop, Those boutiques have either closed or relocated and their spaces have been replaced by mid-market retailers.

Actually, just looking at Bloor, those mid-level retailers are themselves being replaced by international high fashion houses.. That's a good thing.

Actually, just looking at Bloor, those mid-level retailers are themselves being replaced by international high fashion houses.. That's a good thing.

That's what I was referring too ... I do understand why people have an appreciation for the independent shops in yorkville - when I say yorkville I refer to yorkville village to the north - and all I meant was it's fine for Bloor to be filled with only high end international chains.

That said, my post was regarding the apparent slow down on bloor anyway :)

Back