News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Walking around Yorkville the other day I noticed that the 'For Lease' sign has come down at the Club Monaco. Anyone know who's taking the 10,000 sq ft that was available?

Not exactly sure... but something is definitely going on. The student council at the university went into a closed session (so that details wouldn't get recorded in their minutes) during a recent meeting to discuss the university administration's plans for this building.

I've always thought that a condo or tower of some sort would fit neatly into the middle of this building.

Not exactly sure... but something is definitely going on. The student council at the university went into a closed session (so that details wouldn't get recorded in their minutes) during a recent meeting to discuss the university administration's plans for this building.

I've always thought that a condo or tower of some sort would fit neatly into the middle of this building.

I know administrative offices for the university have moved in there within the past few months, and I thought I heard rumblings of the art centre moving here, to capitalize on the higher profile location (next to Gardiner and the ROM).

I'm still surprised no one has taken the former Lu Lu Lemon spot or the larger spot (on the same side) closer to Avenue Road.

I'm still surprised no one has taken the former Lu Lu Lemon spot or the larger spot (on the same side) closer to Avenue Road.

There are rumblings that that location is where Intermix and Michael Kors are going to move in.

There are rumblings that that location is where Intermix and Michael Kors are going to move in.

Well there's no lease sign up anymore if that means anything.

Still lease signs on one / two spots in Colonnade and then the large block further west on the north side.

from Toronto Life Magazine

New Michael Kors flagship store coming to Bloor Street

Michael Kors at his New York Fashion Week show last year (Image: Masaki-H)
It seems that Bloor Street’s recent makeover—complete with new granite sidewalks, London plane trees and sleek, minimalist bike racks—is starting to pay off. First, designer label emporium Intermix announced that its first Canadian location would grace the Mink Mile, and now we hear—courtesy of Toronto Star fashion writer Derick Chetty—that Michael Kors will be opening a flagship store on Bloor sometime soon.

Michael Kors’ fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection debuted at Fashion Week in New York earlier this month, marking the designer’s 30th year in business. The collection itself is a mix of sharp tailoring and immaculate draping, featuring an autumn-appropriate palette of greys, black, purples and earth tones with a few punches of colour, like a gorgeous flaming red evening gown, worn on the runway by model Frida Gustavsson. Here’s hoping the flagship location will offer more Michael Kors apparel, as opposed to handbags and shoes–heavy locations in Yorkdale, the Eaton Centre and Sherway Gardens.

from Toronto Life Magazine

New Michael Kors flagship store coming to Bloor Street

Michael Kors at his New York Fashion Week show last year (Image: Masaki-H)
It seems that Bloor Street’s recent makeover—complete with new granite sidewalks, London plane trees and sleek, minimalist bike racks—is starting to pay off. First, designer label emporium Intermix announced that its first Canadian location would grace the Mink Mile, and now we hear—courtesy of Toronto Star fashion writer Derick Chetty—that Michael Kors will be opening a flagship store on Bloor sometime soon.

Michael Kors’ fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection debuted at Fashion Week in New York earlier this month, marking the designer’s 30th year in business. The collection itself is a mix of sharp tailoring and immaculate draping, featuring an autumn-appropriate palette of greys, black, purples and earth tones with a few punches of colour, like a gorgeous flaming red evening gown, worn on the runway by model Frida Gustavsson. Here’s hoping the flagship location will offer more Michael Kors apparel, as opposed to handbags and shoes–heavy locations in Yorkdale, the Eaton Centre and Sherway Gardens.

Logical place for Intermix would be the old Lululemon spot or the old Noir boutique, both are the right square footage. A Michael Kors flagship would probably be larger then 2500 square feet - I'm not sure what the recently closed Feet First store was in terms of size.

New story from Flare Magazine's Lisa Tant is that a "major European brand" is moving into Bloor. No further information, but any guesses as to which brand?

New story from Flare Magazine's Lisa Tant is that a "major European brand" is moving into Bloor. No further information, but any guesses as to which brand?

I have absolutely no confirmation of this but I've being hearing about Dior for quite some time now. Also, maybe not moving specifically into the large corner space but Breitling has confirmed they will be opening in Toronto soon (that's from a source inside Breitling), so I'm not sure if they would take one of the smaller spaces along Bloor if they may be holding out for one of the new 5 stars - i.e. Trump, Four Seasons or Shangri-La.

Hmm. It says major brand. You would think she would say major designer if it was one of those aforementioned companies. Perhaps Top Shop?

Hmm. It says major brand. You would think she would say major designer if it was one of those aforementioned companies. Perhaps Top Shop?

Could just be casual wording though. I wouldn't read too much into 'brand' vs 'designer'.

Back