News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I smell a new condo on this lot

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5R 2C4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 135930 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Mar 1, 2011

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demo existing 2 sty non residential building. 1323-1325 Bay St.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...3.672611,-79.39075&spn=0.000191,0.001802&z=20

Michael Kors will move into the former MaxMara location in the Colonnade, space 106, 131 Bloor St. West. It will be 3,192 square feet, comprising two floors: http://www.morguard.com/images/propertyImages/ON - The Colonnade, Toronto - Floor Plan2.pdf

Where will MaxMara go? Their website still says 131 Bloor St. West. I also believe it's carried in 'The Room' at The Bay on Queen Street. Strangely, we have 3 free-standing MaxMara stores in Vancouver (owned by Boboli Group I believe).

Cheers,

Craig

Last edited:
They will be mving to a bigger location at 151 Bloor St. W. A temp location will be at Hazleton Lanes for 3 months until the space is renovated.

They will be mving to a bigger location at 151 Bloor St. W. A temp location will be at Hazleton Lanes for 3 months until the space is renovated.

By process of elimination... Intermix will be moving into the old Lululemon spot.

Which means that the 'major european brand' coming this fall will be moving into at least part of 150 Bloor.

That's the old NOIR location, right?

Which means that the 'major european brand' coming this fall will be moving into at least part of 150 Bloor.

And what about the old Feet First spot? That's still empty...

That's the old NOIR location, right?

And what about the old Feet First spot? That's still empty...

The Feet First space is 1700 square feet, which is smaller then Intermix's 2500 square feet.

The Major European Designer could go into Feet First, depending on how square feet they wanted. Unfortunately its a fairly small store - unless Cushman Wakefield leases the first and second floor together to one retailer?

http://matrix.cwcanada.com/user/website/CWLePage/ls_TransListingProfilePublic_en.asp?TransID=362748

That's sad that Holt's let the doorman go. I go to Holt's mainly to browse (not to shop - unless a sale ) and I know he was just doing his job - but he seemed genuinely happy to see people and to enjoy his job. It was a nice touch that set Holt's apart.

I can't stand those silly girls in grey suits and pill box hats Holt currently has - I don't know what they are supposed to be doing - but they seem utterly useless to me.

Sizeable renos in Hazelton Lanes; TNT have set up their new digs in the southeast corner of the mall; the old TNT Blu space is papered over, and presumably the Whole Foods expansion is about to start. Also, the courtyard is closed off with a temporary wall. Not sure what's going on behind it.

Sizeable renos in Hazelton Lanes; TNT have set up their new digs in the southeast corner of the mall; the old TNT Blu space is papered over, and presumably the Whole Foods expansion is about to start. Also, the courtyard is closed off with a temporary wall. Not sure what's going on behind it.

Intermix's website lists 130 Bloor as their Toronto location. So really the only significant gaps along Bloor come fall will be the Feet First and the 30k square feet right at Ave. The Beautification has been a success in terms of attracting and retaining tenants.

Intermix's website lists 130 Bloor as their Toronto location. So really the only significant gaps along Bloor come fall will be the Feet First and the 30k square feet right at Ave. The Beautification has been a success in terms of attracting and retaining tenants.

meh I wouldn't say they're related.

Also, regarding the 30,000 don't we believe some of that space is taken already ?

meh I wouldn't say they're related.

Also, regarding the 30,000 don't we believe some of that space is taken already ?

Definitely most of the space is taken. Last time I checked with Kevric, they said only 3,900 sq. ft. remain. That was in November. Since then, though, they have also applied for zoning ammendments to additional sq. footage if I remember correctly.

Thanks,

Just another point regarding the transformation - I'd be really curious if such projects have any economic impact - clearly there was a lot in terms of construction jobs; What I mean is, do rents increase (i.e. does demand increase).
In this cause, I'd be surprised if you could correlate the two i.e. prove it at all.

It's not as if bloor street has any competition in Toronto; Now, if later we see the yorkville proper area do something similar (i.e. north of this) well that could be the result of this.

Back