• So So

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last edited:
It looks like a demolition permit was issued in January, so maybe there is some traction on this site. Though, I don't know if the multi tower BP permit from years back is still valid to allow for construction to start right away. Maybe @MichaelS could weigh in.

It was mentioned a few years ago that Grosvenor was selling, but I recall reading somewhere that they decided to keep it.

From the brochure... "A bid submission deadline has been set for December 11, 2019"
1678116163872.png

Last edited:
It looks like a demolition permit was issued in January, so maybe there is some traction on this site. Though, I don't know if the multi tower BP permit from years back is still valid to allow for construction to start right away. Maybe @MichaelS could weigh in.
A DP was approved for this site back in February 2020 (DP2019-1505 for anyone who wants to go down to City Hall and look at the drawings). However, as it has been 3 years since the approval, that DP is now lapsed, and no longer valid.

A DP was approved for this site back in February 2020 (DP2019-1505 for anyone who wants to go down to City Hall and look at the drawings). However, as it has been 3 years since the approval, that DP is now lapsed, and no longer valid.
I wonder if the lapse date has anything to do with a possible start? If they were planning on going ahead anyway, maybe starting now to avoid having to re-apply? Maybe they are starting of the overall project like replacing the building on the NW corner.

I wonder if the lapse date has anything to do with a possible start? If they were planning on going ahead anyway, maybe starting now to avoid having to re-apply? Maybe they are starting of the overall project like replacing the building on the NW corner.

I think they would have just extended the development permit and if construction was going to happen they’d for sure be in for building permit by now.

All signs point to clearing the site.

I wonder if they are planning to take advantage of the proposed demolition incentive the City is proposing. I am not sure this would qual;ify though, as it is not in the downtown core. And, I don't think that has been approved by Council yet either. So, probably not.

What’s causing the speculation is the drilling rig parked on site. Unless it is parked there, temporarily for another project, the only reason it would be there is for construction related purpose.

Back