Votes: 18 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Still wish they used the grey brick as in the renders, would have made this tower a total stunner.

Why is masonry so expensive in this province, is it purely due to lack of supply?

Still wish they used the grey brick as in the renders, would have made this tower a total stunner.

Why is masonry so expensive in this province, is it purely due to lack of supply?
As far as I know it's the cost of installing brick. It's very labour intensive compared with spandrel.

Right, labour, I've heard province has a shortage of. My bad got it mixed up with 'supply'. But I can see that the actual process is more costly as well.

Brick work is labor intensive and slow. For a high rise like this it would be costly. The brick itself is probably cheaper than the spandrel.

The stamped brick pattern in precast concrete is a shame. The brick or stone inlay is not so bad. At least it is level and plumb which you don't get with mason built walls anymore.

You don't see much brick these days. They used Brick at Royal View East, and it looks good...at least from afar.

IMG_0102.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    670.8 KB · Views: 401
I like how dark this one is on the south face. It would have been nice if they did black spandrel instead of white.

Back