News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Under Trudeau oil sands production is at record levels, exports are at record levels, and differentials have shrunk due to there being enough transportation. An expanded export port will open hopefully next year.

The belief that save for Trudeau we'd somehow be able to fill TMX and Keystone XL, and Gateway, and Line 3R, and be on a path to oil sands 8 million is a disillusion.
Trudeau has nothing to do with current oil and gas production levels. Production is coming from existing resources and is meeting current demand. It is not something he is promoting or encouraging, it is happening organically.
Trudeau and his government having everything to do with the fact that there are no new oil sands projects under construction. Thanks to bill C69 and the discouragement of foreign investment, any projects that were planned have been scrapped (i.e Frontier). He is doing nothing on the world stage or at home for that matter, to promote Canada as a source for dependable and ethically produced energy. Any time he is asked about Canadian energy or the oil sands, he ducks the question or clouds the subject with bullshit. He continues to talk about the day (not in his lifetime) that fossil fuels will be replaced by renewables. Great ... I think we all could agree that should and will happen. However the future is not now.

Last edited:
Trudeau has nothing to do with current oil and gas production levels. Production is coming from existing resources and is meeting current demand. It is not something he is promoting or encouraging, it is happening organically.
Trudeau and his government having everything to do with the fact that there are no new oil sands projects under construction. Thanks to bill C69 and the discouragement of foreign investment, any projects that were planned have been scrapped (i.e Frontier). He is doing nothing on the world stage or at home for that matter, to promote Canada as a source for dependable and ethically produced energy. Any time he is asked about Canadian energy or the oil sands, he ducks the question or clouds the subject with bullshit. He continues to talk about the day (not in his lifetime) that fossil fuels will be replaced by renewables. Great ... I think we all could agree that should and will happen. However the future is not now.
This completely ignores low oil prices for the last what, 7 years?

When Frontier's break even was what, $80/bl versus Brazilian presalt at $35/bl no wonder development money went to Brazillian presalt—which in addition to being much more profitable is a much less emissions intensive production basin.

I hope the Q400 program doesn't find a good home in the GTA—would be awesome to consolidate DHC here! Especially since DHC is likely to introduce a new/rebuilt/reengined 50 seat Dash following hybrid-electric trials with PWC.

Back