Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Doesn't need to be big to be mighty. Coffee and pastry seems a most likely use.

From Union Square NY
mightypie2.jpg

Yep, one quality little kiosk like that can add more real life to a plaza than half a dozen pieces of corporate art. Stick a Phil and Sebastian, fancy ice cream, or something equivalent in there, and it will be become a focal point for the block.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it, but when I walked through the plaza yesterday they have installed some interesting sound effects. It is hard to describe, but those metal poles have lights on them also, have speakers. I'm not sure if the sound is responsive to the environment and a program, but it was really neat and definitely caught me off guard.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it, but when I walked through the plaza yesterday they have installed some interesting sound effects. It is hard to describe, but those metal poles have lights on them also, have speakers. I'm not sure if the sound is responsive to the environment and a program, but it was really neat and definitely caught me off guard.
I'm going top have to check that out. Could it be some sort of holes that make sounds from the wind?

That might be expecting too much from Brookfield Place's plaza and their little walk in kiosk without a gas hookup. It's the gorgeous park setting that makes the Shake Shack.

That might be expecting too much from Brookfield Place's plaza and their little walk in kiosk without a gas hookup. It's the gorgeous park setting that makes the Shake Shack.
I'm more interested in the setting of the Shake Shack in Madison Square park. If they could have that kind of setting around the kiosk it would be a game changer for the plaza, not that I'm expecting that to happen. of course.

I'm more interested in the setting of the Shake Shack in Madison Square park. If they could have that kind of setting around the kiosk it would be a game changer for the plaza, not that I'm expecting that to happen. of course.

Same here. I don't know how you can recreate the setting of Madison Square Park with the Brookfield Place's plaza. They are very different for one another. The Shake Shack in New York has more in common with the Boxwood/Provision space in Central Memorial Park.

Definitely hard to re-create that kind of atmosphere at Brookfield Place. What I liked about the Madison Park Shake Shack is the ambiance combined with it being a low cost, high volume kind of place. One of my favorite sights purely for looks/ambiance is the River Cafe on Prince's Island. If could wave a magic wand I'd take that type of look and move it to Brookfield Place, and make it a burger or Shawarma place.

Is the kiosk an ATM yet? Finally was in Calgary when it was dark and looked at BP while driving on Deerfoot and saw that no lights on in the crown at all.

Back