Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Was showing a friend who just moved here from Toronto to do graduate studies in architecture around the city yesterday. He was impressed with the city to say the least, if not enamoured. Anyway, we noticed that the glass shack they built on the SE corner of the BP plaza is most definitely not parkade access, but it looks to have all the necessary connections to host a kitchen, so I'm pretty sure a seasonal cafe or something of the like is on its way to BP plaza :D

Also, I'm pretty sure the pixelated video boards they have on display over the main entrance to the tower from the plaza are going to be what ends up lining the entire crown, and if so, it'll be by far the coolest rooftop crown feature in the entire country.

Walked by Brookfield yesterday so I took a few late evening pictures with lights on:
36796858925_a224a01288_b.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure the pixelated video boards they have on display over the main entrance to the tower from the plaza are going to be what ends up lining the entire crown, and if so, it'll be by far the coolest rooftop crown feature in the entire country.

This is what you mean I take it? Hopefully they are colour changing, but the white will look good as well. I think the 'rods' holding up the lights will add some good texture in the daylight as well. Hopefully, anyways..

Can't go wrong with classic white. A solid colour would look good too. No to colour changing lights.

This is what you mean I take it? Hopefully they are colour changing, but the white will look good as well. I think the 'rods' holding up the lights will add some good texture in the daylight as well. Hopefully, anyways..

They look to be completely dynamic video boards, as every time I've seen them, they've been moving and displaying multiple colours. From a distance, say on the crown of a 247 meter building, they would appear to be displaying actual moving images or videos, possibly even landscapes.

That would be neat. Like the ICC Tower in HK

Last edited:
They look to be completely dynamic video boards, as every time I've seen them, they've been moving and displaying multiple colours. From a distance, say on the crown of a 247 meter building, they would appear to be displaying actual moving images or videos, possibly even landscapes.
If they put that on the crown that would awesome.

I'm very optimistic about that eventuality. There is literally no other reason to have them on display at the primary entrance. Also, when the project was first proposed, someone very in-the-know on the project stated that the crown lighting feature would be "spectacular". Those two things, plus the fact that the crown glass is clear, lead me to almost certainty that this will be the final result. :)

I'm very optimistic about that eventuality. There is literally no other reason to have them on display at the primary entrance. Also, when the project was first proposed, someone very in-the-know on the project stated that the crown lighting feature would be "spectacular". Those two things, plus the fact that the crown glass is clear, lead me to almost certainty that this will be the final result. :)
When I was doing my article on the lighting at lightbox art installation I had heard that the Brookfield Place lighting in the crown was to be something similar to the DJD lightbox. It was being done by the same people.

026.JPG
Another pic of those lights, in some pretty cool colours. You guys think the crown will have these too? That would be dope - if they don't cheap out on it.

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 404
Last edited:
View attachment 121103
Another pic of those lights, in some pretty cool colours. You guys think the crown will have these too? That would be dope - if they don't cheap out on it.
I'm not sure the lighting installation will be using those same fixtures, but I imagine it'll be something that gives the similar effect...if it's going to be anything like the DJD as rumored.

Hmmmm, I don't know if I like the color all that much. I'll reserve judgement until it's finished, but I hope the color doesn't cheapen the look of BP.

I don't mind the colour. They will need to turn off the white lights.

Back