Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 94 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
I believe the plan is to have 2 plazas this time with the main one on the SW corner and a smaller secondary plaza on the NW corner by reducing the length of the retail on Stampede Trail. In the deal it's plazas (plural)

Yes, since the Flames, Wranglers, and Hitmen will likely use it for practice it will be convenient for them to access from their dressing rooms.
Have CSEC committed to having the Wrangler and Hitmen there full time? I'm surprised they wouldn't have more valuable events to hold (concerts, shows, etc.). Thought they might move the CHL team to another arena (new to the city not sure where else is possible) to free up some weekend dates.

Have CSEC committed to having the Wrangler and Hitmen there full time? I'm surprised they wouldn't have more valuable events to hold (concerts, shows, etc.). Thought they might move the CHL team to another arena (new to the city not sure where else is possible) to free up some weekend dates.
The next two largest arenas are located in the Tsuut’ina 7 Chiefs Sportsplex and Max Bell Centre and are in the 2k-3k spectator range. The hitman did play a bunch of home games a 7 Chiefs Sportsplex last season when the Saddledome was busy so who knows.

Winsport also as an arena in the 2500-3000 range.
this would be an ideal scenario, if the community arena could seat 2500-3000, for those slower Hitmen/Wrangler nights, which frees up the big rink. But I dont see the space available to make that a reality

Back