Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 96 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 26.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters
small detail the average person wouldn't notice or appreciate....moving all food/washrooms to the inside walls which does 2 things...allows the concourse to be open to the street on 3 sides, and provides an intimate bowl feel with no daylight at concourse level.

View attachment 582496
Is that a window at the back there?
that end (which faces stampede trail) looks purposely undesigned...as does a few elements of the bowl. My guess is those areas will get more attention now, but based on the exterior does not appear to be a window

Looks great. Nothing entirely groundbreaking, but undeniably unique.

Yeah I’ve been bitter about how it all went down, but I honestly was hoping for something not too gimmicky that looked decent. All I see in the renderings is the LED / lighting gimmick like in the HP Laserjet design. If it ends up looking like that image in real life then I’ll eat crow. I’m more interested in the shape of the structure than how it’s lit. The proportions look weird to me. The only hint of realism is this street level image:

The street level looks amazing

View attachment 582489

This gives more of a clue about materials and form without flames all over it. I’m happy they incorporated the old building even if it’s a facadectomy. I can’t tell but the material at the top kind of looks like the metal mesh on the Shaw building on 32nd Ave. That could look okay, but not sure how boxy or bloated it will look in broad daylight.

Dammit I sound like WS ( I mean maestro)!

SW Gate:​

Arena_Exterior_1.jpg

NW Plaza and Gate:​

Arena_Exterior_2.jpg

SW Plaza and Gate:​

Arena_Exterior_3.jpg

12th Ave Street Front:​

12_Ave_Streetfront.jpg

South View:​

Arena_Exterior_4.jpg

Community Arena:​

Community-rink.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve been bitter about how it all went down, but I honestly was hoping for something not too gimmicky that looked decent. All I see in the renderings is the LED / lighting gimmick like in the HP Laserjet design. If it ends up looking like that image in real life then I’ll eat crow. I’m more interesting in the shape of the structure than how it’s lit. The proportions look weird to me. The only hint of realism is this street level image:

This gives more of a clue about materials and form without flames all over it. I’m happy they incorporated the old building even if it’s a facadectomy. I can’t tell but the material at the top kind of looks like the metal mesh on the Shaw building on 32nd Ave. That could look okay, but not sure how boxy or bloated it will look in broad daylight.

Dammit I sound like WS ( I mean maestro)!
I think we can assume its going to have metal paneling like BMO (rogers place), with fire curvature panels fronting it, with uplighting at night. I'll take anything better than that as a win, but unlikely.

If there is a way to have dynamic up lighting, so it moves around giving the impression of live flames that would be cool.

Last edited:

Back