News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Calgary's only hope is that Winnipeg keeps losing, otherwise they are toast. I actually feel optimistic for next season, but if next season is like this they'll have only two choices. Replace Sutter, and if that doesn't work, it'll be time to start selling and begin a rebuild.

My next paycheque says they won’t go 13 and 7 over the next 20 games. They started the season at 5–0 and now they are 27-21. For the whole season they are basically one game over 500.
Seattle is sliding, but all season they have gone in streaks and right now they are in a losing streak, winning 3 of their last 10, they’ve done this before in the season and they turn it around.
I hate to be a downer, but IMO it’s time to stick a fork in the Flames they’re done.
You're right about Seattle they have been streaky all season, and now they are back on a win streak. Vegas and LA are also winning lately.

The Flames won’t make the playoffs, nor do they deserve to. I agree with Surrealplaces. If 20 games into next season they don’t look any different it’ll be time to start over.

Flames lose and the Jets win 😕 it’s all but over now.
The talk now is about what to do next season. I think they can probably give the coach and team one more season, but if they have another mediocre one, it’s time to blow things up and start over.

I’m already in blow up mode. With the team they have they could easily make the playoffs next year and maybe even make a run, but they aren’t good enough to complete with teams like Boston, Carolina, Tampa etc..

Don't blow it up yet, see if another season can help things. There are a ton of contracts up at the end of next season, so if the team isn't performing it will be time for a fire sale and to load up on picks. I still see the Flames as the better team most nights, so I'm not ready to give up yet.

They almost blew it though, Flames were up 4-2 half way through the 3rd. They showed some resilience and came back in OT though, something we needed all season. If they win tonight there's hope, if they lose it's done. 18 games left and they will need to win 14-15 of them to make the playoffs.

They almost blew it though, Flames were up 4-2 half way through the 3rd. They showed some resilience and came back in OT though, something we needed all season. If they win tonight there's hope, if they lose it's done. 18 games left and they will need to win 14-15 of them to make the playoffs.
Actually they scored the winning goal with 7 seconds left in the third, had it have been in OT they would have lost for sure lol.

So I watched the Flames game last night, Minny scored in OT, looked like they might challenge but didnt so I turned it off. Look at sports this morning and I see the Flames won in a shootout? haha what happened?
It was an automatic League review on that Minnesota OT goal and it was ruled offside. So players all had to make their way back to the ice and play the last 1:40 of OT, then go through the Shootout. Finally some luck on our side!

So I watched the Flames game last night, Minny scored in OT, looked like they might challenge but didnt so I turned it off. Look at sports this morning and I see the Flames won in a shootout? haha what happened?
The minute I saw the wild score I grabbed the remote and shut off the TV, I didn’t know know the Flames won until this morning when I was griping about the Flames loss, and some coworkers informed me that they won. I thought they were trying to prank me or something 😂.

The minute I saw the wild score I grabbed the remote and shut off the TV, I didn’t know know the Flames won until this morning when I was griping about the Flames loss, and some coworkers informed me that they won. I thought they were trying to prank me or something 😂.
I did the same but checked the nhl app and the game seemed to be going again so fired it back up and watched the rest of it.

The last week the flames have flames'd like the flames have never flames'd before.

Loss to the Leafs (game before deadline, time to sell); loss to the Wild (and looked lost in the wilderness while doing so).

In-between those games they did a Ritchie Bros trade and added a UFA puck moving defensemen to replace Kylington.

Win late in Dallas (while almost losing after giving up a late game lead); win in St. Paul (after generating very little and losing in OT but then no they won in a shoot out).

You almost have to watch because you have no idea how the game will end up but you don't want to watch because you know they're going to shoot a lot, generate little excitement but still end up winning and end up missing the playoffs by one point. Giving them a much worse draft pick but some hope for next year so they go into that season with a bunch of UFAs that end up walking after a first round playoff exit in the spring of 2024.

Back