News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

After those road wins against two good teams I thought maybe the Flames might still be in this. Then they lose to Anaheim. :rolleyes:
I would be great if they could make the playoffs, but I’m certain they aren’t going to make it and TBH if they aren’t making it I’d rather see them lose every game so they don’t draft 16th.

I hate to be the negative guy in the room, but I would say it’s too late. If they had beaten Anaheim I might still be hoping, but IMO they’re too far back now.
Our competition is Edmonton, Colorado, Winnipeg and Nashville. If 2 of those 4 teams go 500 down the stretch that will give them 95/96 points, in which case we would need 23 points from of our last 15 games.
To do that the Flames would have to have a record of roughly 11–3-1.
I’m confident that two of those four teams will be 500 or better down the stretch, and unfortunately, I am confident the flames won’t get 11 wins in their last 15 games.

too little too late. in flames fashion they will be good next year
But still go out in the first round or get swept in the second round. Which would be fine except they're about to have a lot of UFAs that if they're good they'll keep to go on a run and then lose for nothing. See: Giordano and Gaudreau.

I hate to be the negative guy in the room, but I would say it’s too late. If they had beaten Anaheim I might still be hoping, but IMO they’re too far back now.
Our competition is Edmonton, Colorado, Winnipeg and Nashville. If 2 of those 4 teams go 500 down the stretch that will give them 95/96 points, in which case we would need 23 points from of our last 15 games.
To do that the Flames would have to have a record of roughly 11–3-1.
I’m confident that two of those four teams will be 500 or better down the stretch, and unfortunately, I am confident the flames won’t get 11 wins in their last 15 games.
I thought they might still have a shot, but when you like at the math from that viewpoint it's all but over.

📉😢
1678847428947.png

We're now behind the Predators (27%), a team that is blowing themselves up. I think the season is over; if I were in charge, the top three things I'd do (in no particular order):
  • Tell Markstrom that he's still the #1 goalie and he will be next season, but he needs to rest up; he can pick any three games in the rest of the season to start, but he's sitting the rest.
  • Find Sutter a nice ranch in the country somewhere that he can move to.
  • Stop trying to nickle and dime the city on a decent arena, and use the savings on not building a parking garage for luxury box holders to upgrade the pedestrian realm and streetscape.

Just when you think the Flames are done, they pull you back in
After the loss to Arizona, I was all set to give up on the Flames and go on with my life. Instead they win their first ever game in Vegas, and make it look easy.
I can’t take this anymore! 🥴

Back