News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Would Air Canada ever consider doing a YYC HKG flight as a stop over from a flight originating from YYZ?

That potential could be there, especially since AC and Air China are continuing to work out their joint venture agreement.

WestJet's summer schedule is adding 72 more weekly flights out of YYC, mainly frequency increases on existing routes. YYC-MEX, YYC-DEN, and YYC-YKF are the new flights that will start up during this time.

This increase makes YYC once again the largest WestJet hub (Toronto was for a bit).

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1316

Air Canada is launching seasonal YYC-Comox flights with the Q400 effective July 2nd:

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/201...w-Domestic-Regional-Routes-starting-July-2018

"We are pleased to learn of the additional daily flights between Calgary and Comox. It will give our residents additional connectivity to the rest of Air Canada's world-wide network. Visitors to the Comox Valley will appreciate the convenience of a mid-day flight in providing easy access to the incredible attractions and amenities in the Valley and beyond," stated Mayor Paul Ives, Town of Comox."

Air Canada is launching seasonal YYC-Comox flights with the Q400 effective July 2nd:

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/201...w-Domestic-Regional-Routes-starting-July-2018

"We are pleased to learn of the additional daily flights between Calgary and Comox. It will give our residents additional connectivity to the rest of Air Canada's world-wide network. Visitors to the Comox Valley will appreciate the convenience of a mid-day flight in providing easy access to the incredible attractions and amenities in the Valley and beyond," stated Mayor Paul Ives, Town of Comox."

I wonder if this will draw any connection traffic? Vancouver is closer, but by the time you go to the airport and check in and go through security is getting on a plane to Vancouver much quicker than getting on a plane and connecting at Calgary? I would think it's not a big difference.

I wonder if this will draw any connection traffic? Vancouver is closer, but by the time you go to the airport and check in and go through security is getting on a plane to Vancouver much quicker than getting on a plane and connecting at Calgary? I would think it's not a big difference.
I think it would make connections to the prairies quicker. I don’t believe YVR has as many connections to the prairies as YYC does. Plus gives more one stop options to Europe

My dad lives on the island and commutes to Ft McMurray via Comox currently. There's about a dozen people on his shift alone that live in that region and work up North here. The demand might not be that huge, but it is consistent. Both carriers are constantly changing up their schedules and frequencies out of airports YQQ and YCD.

I think it would make connections to the prairies quicker. I don’t believe YVR has as many connections to the prairies as YYC does. Plus gives more one stop options to Europe
Definitely. If you're going to change planes in YVR anyway, it isn't a big deal to use YYC if the schedule overall ends up being better.

Not just passed 16M, but passed it fairly easily. Way to go YYC.

I can still remember reading an article in the Herald years back when YYC passed the 7 Million mark.

I read somewhere that YYC had its 16 millionth passenger not long ago. Given the numbers in November, plus an even busier December, YYC could possibly top 16.2m passengers for the year? Looks like YEG will again miss the 8M mark for the second straight year.
16.3M. Not too shabby.

Back