News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwlkJZgUkAAipoh.jpg:large

CwlkJZgUkAAipoh.jpg

Attachments

• CwlkJZgUkAAipoh.jpg
    CwlkJZgUkAAipoh.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 444
Canada recently discontinued the requirement for Mexicans to have Visa's to enter Canada. I am hoping this paves the way for the reintroduction of Calgary - Mexico City direct flights. When the new terminal opened the CAA indicated they were actively pursuing direct Calgary - Mexico City and Paris flights. Would be a much better gateway for South America than Toronto and will allow for skipping the USA/Houston. Trans Canada has a few infrastructure projects in Mexico (in development and operational) that should induce business traffic to use the route. I would guess AC needs to jump on the route although that means traffic off of their Vancouver Mexico City flight.

I'd like to see direct flights to Paris if possible. Calgary would have direct flights to all 4 'Global' cities.

Not Paris. Air transit flew to CDG this past summer but I don't believe they are continuing the route next summer.

Quite right. I'm not sure it would be my first choice personally, but I'm all in favour of any additional overseas routes being opened up. Speaking of which, there is or at least was a bilboard for Emirates along MacLeod last month. Does that signify anything?

Quite right. I'm not sure it would be my first choice personally, but I'm all in favour of any additional overseas routes being opened up. Speaking of which, there is or at least was a bilboard for Emirates along MacLeod last month. Does that signify anything?
No they've had advertising up around the city for awhile.

Not Paris. Air transit flew to CDG this past summer but I don't believe they are continuing the route next summer.
Correct they are cancelling that route, and other overseas routes from western Canada.

I'm in agreement with Oddball though, if we have direct to London, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, is there even a need for Paris?

br_paxtotal_Page_2.jpg

Breakdown of Domestic, Transborder, and International. Good to see strong international growth still happening.

Back