News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Random question… is Calgary the only major city in the country with our airport within the municipality itself? Obv not counting Ottawa and Halifax whose municipal landmasses are enormous.

Wikipedia says YYZ is partly in Toronto. TIL
this not so useful factoid.
It would be a negligible portion. 98% is in Mississauga.

But yeah thanks guys. I didn’t realize Dorval or Richardson were in their respective municipalities. Quebec City is surprising as well.

Um, we’re talking about YYC… literally that was my question. Where else would this be moved to? 🤣

Haha well sorry (not sorry), but this is the airport thread, and we had a very brief conversation about airports. It’s not your personal thread to focus as narrowly as possible onto your chosen specific aspects of the airport.

This is a discussion forum.

The list isn't so much which airport is the best, but rather which airport sucks the least lol.

seriously though, as much as YYC has its issues, every airport I've been to in the last few years has issues. YYC has been a pretty good experience for the most part.
YYC's pretty good for the most part. I recently had the non-pleasure of using JFK, and Fort Lauderdale Hollywood airport. Outside of a few Asian airports like Singapore, are there enjoyable airports anywhere?

Flair Airlines is launching a new base in Calgary, chief executive officer Stephen Jones announced Tuesday.

Three airplanes will be based in Calgary International Airport along with a maintenance facility and hangar, Jones said.
The CEO said the new base will create 150 new jobs, including 40 pilots, 60 flight attendants and 40 maintenance staff.

Flair is already here, but it sounds like they want to boost their YYC presence as more of a base?

Flair Airlines is launching a new base in Calgary, chief executive officer Stephen Jones announced Tuesday.

Three airplanes will be based in Calgary International Airport along with a maintenance facility and hangar, Jones said.
The CEO said the new base will create 150 new jobs, including 40 pilots, 60 flight attendants and 40 maintenance staff.

Flair is already here, but it sounds like they want to boost their YYC presence as more of a base?

They want a hangar with a locking door so their planes don’t get repo’d at night …

Some recent YYC stats. Not much of a surprise that Q1 2023 was much better than Q1 2022, showing a whopping 65% increase.. April 2023 significantly better than than April of 2022, showing a 30% increase. If we can get in the neighborhood of a 30% increase for the whole year, we'll be threatening to break previous records.

1684799330667.png

Back