Why was George Chahall at the press function? Was there federal $’s involved as well?
Good question. This is what he said at the press conference
The Barron Building redevelopment project aligns with the federal government’s objective to ensure that every Canadian has a home they can afford and that meets their needs by 2030,” Chahal said in a statement. “I am eager to work with Strategic Group and the City of Calgary to ensure that initiatives like these receive federal support.”
I am thinking that he may also be a friend of the CEO of Strategic Group

The Barron Building redevelopment project aligns with the federal government’s objective to ensure that every Canadian has a home they can afford "

Sounds more like a misalignment lol.
I’m sure those rentals, being smack dab in the middle of the CBD, are gonna come dear. Not very affordable I would imagine!

Not really any exterior movement since my last update. Definitely interior work going on though.

4B4D6BE0-1E77-47A0-AB6C-85299EFB2871.jpeg

Good question. This is what he said at the press conference
The Barron Building redevelopment project aligns with the federal government’s objective to ensure that every Canadian has a home they can afford and that meets their needs by 2030,” Chahal said in a statement. “I am eager to work with Strategic Group and the City of Calgary to ensure that initiatives like these receive federal support.”
I am thinking that he may also be a friend of the CEO of Strategic Group
There are various CMHC supports that may align—whether they make sense for what will hopefully be a prestigious building? I have my doubts.

Lucky for you the staircases will be glass! At least if the renders are to be believed.

Back