Votes: 24 58.5%
  • So so

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, it makes no difference one or more years less on delivery. You can charge more once there is a space for buyers to see and touch. Concord probably would have built only half the garage if they could have gotten away with it. Now they have tens of millions sunk into a structure making them nothing. Concord can afford it. They aren't like most condo builders.

from the river pathway

LRT art.jpg

Attachments

• LRT art.jpg
    LRT art.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 415
Thank you Arthur Erickson. <3

I'm just not seeing it. The hybrid wall glass is really nice. I don't care for the siding but, that's just my personal preference. The overall look is of a generic Vancouver condo. The riverfront is also lined with towers with step backs and terraces.

The Erickson design was impressive. It also was completely inappropriate for the area. Of course, the urban setting of The Concord isn't much better.

I'm just not seeing it. The hybrid wall glass is really nice. I don't care for the siding but, that's just my personal preference. The overall look is of a generic Vancouver condo

I prefer the blue covering over the grey panels.

I've never seen this in person since being above grade, so I'll take your words on this, but I do like that glass. That alone sets it apart from other projects around Calgary.

Update: Ph. 1 of the project is 70% sold which leaves 30-35 units left. It seems to me it has been around 70% sold for 6 months or more. They are telling buyers that first possession will take place in January 2019.

There's reason to be optimistic with a number of projects hitting the market.

I think this one is mostly Nick Milkovich Architects now. Not sure how much involvement Arthur Erickson had after the curved resort style design.
I believe you are correct, the original design done by Erickson was quite different.

I'm just not seeing it. The hybrid wall glass is really nice. I don't care for the siding but, that's just my personal preference. The overall look is of a generic Vancouver condo. The riverfront is also lined with towers with step backs and terraces.

I think it looks pretty good so far, I like the way the balconies recess, and I like the way the balconies themselves have some shape to them. Typical Vancouver to me looks like Union Square or Avenue, just with more green glass lol.

There's reason to be optimistic with a number of projects hitting the market.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean? I am curious :)

Back