That’s a lot of units for an auto centric area with only two ingress/egress points.
There are entire suburban communities with just one exit, such as Valley Ridge (and Crestmont until recently).

That being said, the transit situation here is sad. They have to have two transfers to get downtown, or go quite a bit out of their way to the north to get the train for just one transfer.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 122432.png

There are entire suburban communities with just one exit, such as Valley Ridge (and Crestmont until recently).

That being said, the transit situation here is sad. They have to have two transfers to get downtown, or go quite a bit out of their way to the north to get the train for just one transfer.

View attachment 454042
True, but Valley Ridge only has 1900 dwellings, and very little retail. If Trinity is to be 4000 dwellings as anticipated, but very little retail probably would be different but I think with all that retail and all those residents it’s going to be a gong show. It will look cool from the highway tho.
Maybe a lot of the residents will walk within the neighbourhood to various retail locations and it will cut down on the traffic.

True, but Valley Ridge only has 1900 dwellings, and very little retail. If Trinity is to be 4000 dwellings as anticipated, but very little retail probably would be different but I think with all that retail and all those residents it’s going to be a gong show. It will look cool from the highway tho.
Maybe a lot of the residents will walk within the neighbourhood to various retail locations and it will cut down on the traffic.
I hope so. There are already MUPs on both sides of Na'a Drive

That transit situation is atrocious. I always knew it was bad, but 2 transfers? how is there not a reasonably fast connection between COP and downtown? Or at least a station...

Good to hear it's better on the ground than it looks on the trip planner.
I mean it is and it isn't. Calgary Transit's attitude is clearly that the level of complexity they have means no person can understand the system -- hundreds of routes primarily identified by meaningless numbers, many bus routes that don't run at the same frequency all day, many bus routes that run at bizarre frequencies that are impossible to remember (13/25 minutes, 23 minutes, 28 minutes, 32 minutes, 120 minutes -- these are for their promoted MAX services on the most recent system map). It's possible that this would always be the case -- it's a big city -- or that running buses on the same clockface frequencies all day would require reducing service (or increasing the budget) substantially.

In any case, if the attitude is that everybody should rely entirely on the trip planner and transit apps (and good luck if you don't have a smartphone), then those need to be correct.

McDonald's corporate wouldn't be happy if their ads said a hamburger and small fries each cost $4.00 if when you went to the store they only charged $2.49, so you'd get a good deal. Because you probably wouldn't go to the store.

Looks like there's some action on the parcel south of 16th by the existing town houses
1679180690484.png

Icon Trinity Hills is definitly under construction. A couple of drilling rigs on site and even a bit of excavation happening.

I also saw a rig on site at the Podium at Medicine Hill site, the other Deveraux project further west. No photo (no good place to park near that one). I am not quite calling this one under construction though, I don't know if the rig is just parked there. Didn't seem to be as much action happening there as the Icon site. Here is the updated community map, with Icon now shown as under construction:
1679180837791.png

Back