If only. While I think the opposition has mostly quieted down, this community faced HUGE pushback when it was first proposed:

Most of it stemmed from the fact that the general public did not understand that the slope lands were actually private property, and had been "trespassing" on it for years using it as a park. Wtih the formal application, much of the land was dedicated as environmental reserve, allowing it to officially become public, however that didn't prevent scores of people from voicing their opposition to this development.

I think the upper slopes are owned by the City, the lower slopes were private property. As someone who uses this area regularly, it 100% needs to be protected.

Went through Trinity Hills a couple weeks ago and I hate it, feels like a crappy Canmore themed suburb that is 100% car dependent. No interest in going back there for any reason.

Icon Trinity Hills:
IMG_8767_8772exp.jpg
IMG_8753_8759exp.jpg

Podium at Medicine Hill: Some site prep is being done. There was a steamroller at the far end of the site compacting dirt. (plus there's the porta-potty strategically located in the middle of the mud puddle...)
IMG_8779exp.jpg

Trinity Hills Apartment 2, now called Medicine Hill Block H (#6 on the map), has a new DP in. Essentially the same design, but reacting to the fact that none of the retail along Na'a Drive has been able to be leased, it removes a lot of the retail in favour of additional residential units (20 in total, 10 per building). There are still CRUs on the main floor, next to the pedestrian connection that runs through the site, so it isn't an entirely residential building:
1685993299867.png

1685993324041.png

Back