Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
Oh no, an office party. Didn't he know the appropriate way to spend tax payer money is to spend it on newsletters which are full of pat-myself-on-the-back commentary to get re-elected? Those office budgets are tipping the election in favor of the incumbent funds.

Maybe Ford's brilliant plan is to expropriate both sides of Eglinton the entire length of the city and sell it to developers who are willing to put a subway in their basement. Of course the issue is that if you have the money to buy that much property up in the expropriation process you probably have the ability to pay for the subway and wait for the increased property valuations to kick in.

I'm not counting on Ford getting any subways built, just on him getting Transit City cancelled so the next mayor can come in and start fresh.

I'm not counting on Ford getting any subways built, just on him getting Transit City cancelled so the next mayor can come in and start fresh.

Do you think that Ford gets elected, cancels Transit City and a few perks as City Hall, and immediately resigns to make room for the next mayor who will start some real work?

If elected, he will stick around for at least 4 years.

Do you think that Ford gets elected, cancels Transit City and a few perks as City Hall, and immediately resigns to make room for the next mayor who will start some real work?

If elected, he will stick around for at least 4 years.

I'd be happy if he just let the TTC come up with a new plan including subways. I always hated when politicians are playing at being transit planners...recipe for disaster...

Transit planning should be as far away as possible from politicians...

I'd be happy enough if we could get Ford in and cancel Transit City outright, and let Metrolinx make a real transit plan. Getting in someone like Thomson who is actually going to build good transit and has a plan for it is just an added bonus.

I'd be happy enough if we could get Ford in and cancel Transit City outright, and let Metrolinx make a real transit plan. Getting in someone like Thomson who is actually going to build good transit and has a plan for it is just an added bonus.

But what about Ford's past behaviour makes you think he'll just let them make a new plan, and then be able to get funding for it and execute it? All he seems to be able to do is criticize other people's ideas. I have seen absolutely NO leadership qualities.

I'd be happy if he just let the TTC come up with a new plan including subways. I always hated when politicians are playing at being transit planners...recipe for disaster...

Transit planning should be as far away as possible from politicians...

You mean something like Mel done with the Sheppard line! lol

Who told you that there isn't already a SOS group boycotting the waste that is the SELRT?

bc01894f4089b829e51f97ee5113.jpeg

Down with Babylon! :cool:

But what about Ford's past behaviour makes you think he'll just let them make a new plan, and then be able to get funding for it and execute it? All he seems to be able to do is criticize other people's ideas. I have seen absolutely NO leadership qualities.

Ford has lots of good ideas and public/private sector contacts that he can call upon to make subways to the Scarborough Centre a reality in the near future. The media only chooses to focus on the negatives though, which is why it's harder for some to fully comprehend his platform. I'm with most here, cancelling the parts of TC that don't work and funneling the funding set aside for them towards subway expansion is the route to go.

Ford has lots of good ideas and public/private sector contacts that he can call upon to make subways to the Scarborough Centre a reality in the near future. The media only chooses to focus on the negatives though, which is why it's harder for some to fully comprehend his platform. I'm with most here, cancelling the parts of TC that don't work and funneling the funding set aside for them towards subway expansion is the route to go.

Can you point me to the part of his transportation platform I and others apparently don't fully comprehend?

I thought he says it is still 'coming', so maybe you are privy to its development and can explain how selling 'air rights' over land the city or TTC does not currently own is going to produce $200 million or more per km required to build subway lines.

Or perhaps you can point to where Metrolynx or the province says that their funding of specific TC projects is only a 'suggestion' and that the city (ie the mayor) is free to cancel projects and move the money around to their own pet projects.

Or maybe you could list some of the public/private sector contacts Ford has who are both willing and able to build subways, whether they are to Scarborough Town Centre or anywhere else. I thought the family business was in labels and that his voting record demonstrates a history of being against any kind of significant civic infrastructure project.

Might the subway funding plan actually be to make use of the money saved by cutting councillors and their salaries in addition to the $12,000 he plans to get back from Kyle Rae as his 'number one priority'?

Back