Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Joe Pantalone

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • George Smitherman

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Rob Ford

Votes: 6 6.9%

• Total voters
S.O.S. is nothing but a bunch of 'subways or nothing crowd' You don't look to have a combination of LRTs and subways

That's bullshit, and you know it. Over half of the KMs covered in the SOS plan are LRT or BRT. Whatever, I'm done arguing with you, this is the last post of yours that I will reply to. I'm fed up with your crap.

Last edited:
1% of the population! Is it worth spending $1 billion for an LRT line that will barely be an improvement over the existing service, and barely increase ridership? I can think of much better ways to spend $1 billion on transit.

Barely an improvement? It would be a substantial improvement to the current 50 minute bus ride from Conlins to Don Mills

That's bullshit, and you know it. Over half of the KMs covered in the SOS plan are LRT or BRT. Whatever, I'm done arguing with you, this is the last post of yours that I will reply to. I'm fed up with your crap.

BS? Where do you advocate for an LRT? Not Sheppard! Not Eglinton! not to Square One!

Last edited:
Barely an improvement? It would be a substantial improvement to the current 50 minute bus ride from Conlins to Don Mills

A 5 minute improvement for the couple hundred people that will benefit from it... Great waste of $1 billion...

BS? Where do you advocate for an LRT? Not Sheppard! Not Eglinton! not to Square One! I am talking about the 'SPINES' of Toronto!

LRT: Finch West, Dundas, and Hurontario (connecting to Square One)
BRT: Etobicoke BRT, Scarborough BRT, Jane and Don Mills BRTs

I'd say that's a pretty good spread of non-subway transit.

and that is why Steve Munro cannot have a debate with S.O.S. If one does not support a subway, the debate is somehow over!

And this is why one cannot debate with an LRTista. If it isn't running in the middle of an avenue, it's too expensive and not worth the investment. It's Save Our Streetcars v2.0.

A 5 minute improvement for the couple hundred people that will benefit from it... Great waste of $1 billion...

It would definitely be more than a 5 minute improvement. That is just a silly and lazy answer TTC gave! Riders would see improvements by at least 10 minutes maybe stretching it to 15

LRT: Finch West, Dundas, and Hurontario (connecting to Square One)
BRT: Etobicoke BRT, Scarborough BRT, Jane and Don Mills BRTs

I'd say that's a pretty good spread of non-subway transit.

Enough with the BRT proposals. The dissection by Steve Munro should have given you a major hint that the idea was silly!

Enough with the BRT proposals. The dissection by Steve Munro should have given you a major hint that the idea was silly!

So the City of Ottawa is silly because they're building over 15 kms of new BRT in the next 10 years? And have built over 5kms in the past 3? Yeah, I guess anything that isn't rail based isn't worthy of being built.

So the City of Ottawa is silly because they're building over 15 kms of new BRT in the next 10 years? And have built over 5kms in the past 3? Yeah, I guess anything that isn't rail based isn't worthy of being built.

Umm...No. Toronto just has no intentions of building BRTs. The public and Government want LRTs and Subways and reduce the number of vehicles on the road

Umm...No. Toronto just has no intentions of building BRTs. The public and Government want LRTs and Subways and reduce the number of vehicles on the road

And BRTs don't reduce the number of vehicles on the road? The Ottawa model for BRT has been extremely successful, so why not emulate it? Mississauga is. York Region is. It's purely an ego thing to say "rail or bust". And funny how you mention "LRT and subway" when you have rediculed every subway proposal we've done, including the DRL! What idiot in their right mind actually opposes the DRL?

And BRTs don't reduce the number of vehicles on the road? The Ottawa model for BRT has been extremely successful, so why not emulate it? Mississauga is. York Region is. It's purely an ego thing to say "rail or bust". And funny how you mention "LRT and subway" when you have rediculed every subway proposal we've done, including the DRL! What idiot in their right mind actually opposes the DRL?

BRTs pollute! Also, I don't oppose the DRL. That is the only subway project I support. Everything else should be an LRT!

BRTs pollute! Also, I don't oppose the DRL. That is the only subway project I support. Everything else should be an LRT!

An LRT hard-on at it's finest. At least when I support subways, I still support forms of transit besides subways. I go for what is best for that corridor, not just because I think LRTs are pretty. "LRTs everywhere" are not a solution. "Subways everywhere" are not a solution either. A real network needs a combination of subway, LRT, and BRT in order to be truly effective. And right now your bias blinding you to the other two options.

And please don't try and paint me as anti-LRT, because I'm not. Go into the Ottawa LRT thread, you'll see that I strongly support that project.

An LRT hard-on at it's finest. At least when I support subways, I still support forms of transit besides subways. I go for what is best for that corridor, not just because I think LRTs are pretty. "LRTs everywhere" are not a solution. "Subways everywhere" are not a solution either. A real network needs a combination of subway, LRT, and BRT in order to be truly effective. And right now your bias blinding you to the other two options.

And please don't try and paint me as anti-LRT, because I'm not. Go into the Ottawa LRT thread, you'll see that I strongly support that project.

You represent SOS that preaches the 'subways only' gospel and it is getting extermely annoying! I support LRTs for now and when the demand is there, upgrade them to subways! Having subways run empty during non-peak hours along Sheppard is sheer stupidity!

Last edited:

Back