News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Truly insane and deserving of a national review by a working group.

How an estimate 'by professionals' in 2022 is 100% off only 2 years later leaves me asking A LOT of questions on both sides of the equation.

Truly insane and deserving of a national review by a working group.

How an estimate 'by professionals' in 2022 is 100% off only 2 years later leaves me asking A LOT of questions on both sides of the equation.
It reminds me of the Ontario line; it went from ~10 billion to ~ 17 billion to then a massive $27.2 billion, the last increase occurred over a year and a half span. It’s not just Edmonton or LRT projects, every construction project is becoming more and more expensive.

Much of the land in the Vancouver Region is not level. Also, some of the land is solid rock. It might be better to build a viaduct rather than blast through rock.

A
An 8km stretch of road widening on Highway 1 in Abbotsford area is costing $2.65 billion. That's $331 million for 1km of road widening.

The cost to move people (and goods) is pretty staggering.

Not sure why? I drove that section of highway for 3 years….the land is right there in the middle of both directions. In theory, throw a layer of asphalt on top of the median and run a concrete jersey barrier down the middle and call it done. Heck, the lot of us can do it together for about…half as much…..lol

I drove this section of the Trans-Canada east of Vancouver about a month ago. I’m guessing that the middle lanes will be a continuation of the HOV lanes. I don’t know how much is spent on engineering, or if there are interchange connections, but this section of highway is part of the spine connecting the lower Fraser Valley.

EDIT: Normal service has resumed. Rumoured to be caused by vandalism/theft of controls wiring which occurred while trains were in operation.

Capital Line from Churchill to Clareview will not be running due to unexpected infrastructure damage. Replacement bus service will be running. Service from Churchill to Century Park will be running on 10 minute frequencies tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
There appeared to be an accident at the 112 Ave crossing. I didn't see a vehicle involved so it may have been a pedestrian, cyclist, etc.

IMG_8407.jpeg

Last edited:

Back