News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Brown Bag Sandwiches has closed.

They were never open, I live down the street and they were closed at dinner time and almost never open on the weekend.

As for Zaza, I am very excited they have expanded into the area! The espresso is just like in Italy. I believe they had an issue with their patio hence why it disappeared.

zazaa29.jpg

Attachments

• zazaa29.jpg
    zazaa29.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 995
Everything about that place looks cheap on the outside. The signage, the exterior cladding. I'm sure someone could design a nicer logo for them for nothing!

Everything about that place looks cheap on the outside. The signage, the exterior cladding. I'm sure someone could design a nicer logo for them for nothing!

wasn't the cladding already there?
thay may/or may not had the permission or finances to change that.

the lightbox is simple and cheap though.

I can't seem to find it on Xtra's site, but it is in the current print edition...

Apparently a new men's shop will be opening in the space above Sailor's (which is where Priape was originally) and is being run by the team behind the Pit Bull parties. They promise to sell a wide assortment of men's clothing, underwear (including NastyPig) and your typical Village sexual fare. It also says that they view it as a space where people will want to "hang out" too and not just a retail store. Anyway, it sounds promising. It is supposed to open in October I believe.

Body Shop is returning to the village in the excess Super Freshmart space. Paper in the windows.

Looks like Zaza is open for business.

It's nice inside, more upscale than before. The patio at the side is still a mystery. The wooden posts remain but the deck was removed. It was a thriving patio before, probably a permit thing.

It's nice inside, more upscale than before. The patio at the side is still a mystery. The wooden posts remain but the deck was removed. It was a thriving patio before, probably a permit thing.

I asked one of the owners: There is some city infrastructure (water pipes?) under the patio. The city needs to have access to it if it requires maintenance or repair. The owner said they are coming up with a different solution.

Back