News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I would love to hear classical music playing but it can't be too loud as there are residences nearby.

If you want to keep sketchy douche bags out of Cawthra Park, rig the park with speakers and play classical music, opera etc 24 - 7. This works at
Warden, Victoria Park, Main Street, Bathurst, Dundas West, Runnymede, Finch and Greenwood subway stations. Play Mozart, Bach, Sibelius, Verdi and douche bags flee.

If you want to keep sketchy douche bags out of Cawthra Park, rig the park with speakers and play classical music, opera etc 24 - 7. This works at
Warden, Victoria Park, Main Street, Bathurst, Dundas West, Runnymede, Finch and Greenwood subway stations. Play Mozart, Bach, Sibelius, Verdi and douche bags flee.

Like any downtown park, most are completely harmless. The odd person may get a little freaky sometimes but again, generally quite harmless.

zazaj28.jpg

Attachments

• zazaj28.jpg
    zazaj28.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 844
They really should try to incorporate the top half with the bottom half. It looks so crappy.

that would require them to remove the stucco and ceramic (or porcelain, or whatever) tiles around the WHOLE building in the hopes they don't have damaged bricks.
then a nice power wash for the whole building to remove the old paint job.

They really should try to incorporate the top half with the bottom half. It looks so crappy.

For some reason that brand new patio deck disappeared.

I thought I was losing my mind when the deck wasn't there - was it ever there I wondered? Thanks for mentioning that!

I'm really disappointed with the Councillors office, still no repair to the existing in-ground lights on the AIDS Memorial pillars in Barbara Hall Park, despite my best efforts. They aren't even returning my emails anymore. It's kind of sad to see people using lighters and smart-phones at night to try and read names on the plaques.

One new tree in the park planted two months ago has already died, several others appear to be close behind.

The new renovated one-bedroom apartments at 66 Isabella are "starting" at $1700/month, which is not only outrageous but troubling. They are large units (800'ish sq. ft.) but have really poor layouts (IMO) with the typical one wall of kitchen combined with an open concept massive dining room then a separate 10' X 11' living room. I don't even think they have central air. Non-luxury rental rates like this worry me.

Last edited:
It seems people don't want to spend money on expensive sandwiches. Rare in Eaton Centre, and now this place.

I'm really disappointed with the Councillors office, still no repair to the existing in-ground lights on the AIDS Memorial pillars in Barbara Hall Park, despite my best efforts. They aren't even returning my emails anymore. It's kind of sad to see people using lighters and smart-phones at night to try and read names on the plaques.

One new tree in the park planted two months ago has already died, several others appear to be close behind.

I was talking to the Parks maintenance guys today and they were shaking their heads about the many deficiencies in Barbara Hall (Park). According to them the job was rushed to finish for Pride and lots of things were not done well - they were not sure when (or whether) they would be fixing things up to standard. I did not ask specifically about the AIDS lighting.

Back