News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not The Village per se, but since this is also our de facto "gay scene" thread, I thought I'd mention that Club 120 (formerly Goodhandy's) down at Church & Adelaide E will be expanding downstairs into a complex of sorts. They will be taking over the former Spring Rolls and it will become 120 Diner.

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:
Not The Village per se, but since this is also our de facto "gay scene" thread, I thought I'd mention that Club 120 (formerly Goodhandy's) down at Church & Adelaide E will be expanding downstairs into a complex of sorts. They will be taking over the former Spring Rolls and it will become 120 Diner.
Hey, that's good news! It's nice to see a club expanding instead of closing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is teh roadwork that is being done on Church? Are they finally fixing that sinkhole just north of Alexander?

So what is teh roadwork that is being done on Church? Are they finally fixing that sinkhole just north of Alexander?
I hope they are finally dealing with the many utility cuts. I had hoped these would be done by Pride but I suppose 'better late ...'

There's also a water main north of Wellesley that is old and in need of replacement, it has broke three times in the past two years.

Re: Cawthra Park

Imagine my surprise last night cutting through the park around 8pm and seeing in-ground water sprinklers watering the grass. Then late last night the dog and I walked over to Rabba at Yonge & Isabella and there were the finger parks just east of Yonge with in-ground sprinklers spraying away there too. When did that happen?! This is something I always hoped would happen, but never expected it to. I hope all new parks have these budgeted.
I've been expecting crews to come back and finish the back half of Cawthra park, it's poorly graded (it floods in several areas with a normal rain fall) and I seem to recall that grading was a big part of what needed to be done here, but no luck. Also, the in-ground lights which illuminate the AIDS Memorial pillars (one light per pillar) are all still off despite reaching out to the Councillors office the week before Pride, and leaving a message with the Parks supervisor telling him an electrician is needed for those series of lights. There is a light needed on the east side of the memorial, it's pitch dark and has been attracting a very sketchy crowd there since the park re-opened.

There are in-ground watering thingies in several parks in St Lawrence. The problem is that the City has a problem draining them properly in the fall so they often freeze up in winter and it takes months to repair them.

I live in a "tower in the park" type building with an extensive in-ground watering system on all four sides of the property. It's drained in September and put back into service in early June. It can't be that difficult.

There's an information pillar in front of the Freshii now, is that new or was I just blind?

It's new, about a week.

View attachment 29570

This is really interesting. As someone who used to frequent Club 120 more often in the past, I felt that lately there haven't been any good events. I mean, the underwear party ceased, as did the Dirty Sexy Party. Looking at their calendar for July, there's mostly after-hours events and open-mic kind of events. I wish they'd still offer some of the good dance parties like before. I'm a bit skeptical about the "diner" (just sounds awful to begin with), but we'll see.

If you want to keep sketchy douche bags out of Cawthra Park, rig the park with speakers and play classical music, opera etc 24 - 7. This works at
Warden, Victoria Park, Main Street, Bathurst, Dundas West, Runnymede, Finch and Greenwood subway stations. Play Mozart, Bach, Sibelius, Verdi and douche bags flee.

When you have Progress Place on one side of the street and the 519 on the other, how do you expect to get rid of troubled people? Both those places offer services to disadvantaged people like food, clothing and internet services. Homeless people are going to go where the services are, so until both those places move somewhere else, you will just have to live with a steady stream of disadvantaged people in the park and surrounding area.

Back