News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^And that's a reasonable criticism of KWT. But instead insisting that the main issue is that she had no interest in ensuring that the markers were attractive because she doesn't live nearby is bizarre.

Does KWT have to live with the dreadful murals she approved around the Village? Or the street markers? No. She simply goes home to her condo on the west side and forgets about the entire dreadful mess.

Last time I saw her - at a presser for the newly renamed Cawthra Park - she was wearing a pair of Alligator Loafers fresh from the alligators hide! I didn't get the impression her shoes were worn out in the least.

At least she takes her public image seriously!

Alligators are a huge problem in Florida, why not make good use of them after they are killed? I guess you never wear anything leather right? But that's not the point. I like all but one of the murals, you like none of them - and that's fine. But I do approve that others enjoy the mural which I dislike because it adds to the charactor of the neighbourhood, which KWT has worked hard with the BIA and the NA to improve. Take all additions to this ONE little neighbourhood in her Ward as a whole (she has worked hard to make improvements throughout her Ward) and you'll see murals, painted phone and cable boxes by local artists, heritage building profiling, much needed safety initiatives, gateway markers, a revitalized park - it all adds up to mark improvements to this one little section of her Ward.
You don't like her, so vote for who you believe to be the better candidate. Now back to alligator shoes....

Last edited:
I agree, some of those murals are quite nice. Let's face it, no matter what went up, you are never going to please everyone. (especially when the person is a complete pessimist) I'm appreciative of the effort in trying to improve the Village. There is only so much any councillor can do. The new park went over quite well with the community, as did the new plantings in the Wellesley Street planters.

I especially love the fences and pipes side-walk art. An homage to the gritty bathhouses of the 70's.

There's a somewhat hidden long mural that is my favorate, in the laneway behind the Rexall drug store/dry cleaners/Turkish restaurant. It's the first laneway west of Church Street on the north side of Wellesley, if that's a better description of where it is. Do check it out.

^^ Could this be the one you're talking about?
[video=youtube_share;jUm7vzCsjIM]http://youtu.be/jUm7vzCsjIM?list=UUvzB_ssRp47qF4QrzvD5oFg[/video]

I love this one!

Last edited:
^^ Could this be the one you're talking about?

I love this one!

Yes! Thanks Torontovibe for that video. I photographed it with my DSLR back in August while the colours were still vibrant, and before any possible damage was done to it then tried to paste it together to create a high quality panorama. Fail. Anyway, I have friends on that mural, which makes it all the more special to me.

The Marquis of Granby building is up for sale @ $6.9M.

I see the parking lot directly south has a development sign on it (35s apartments/condos - can't remember), I can't see that small plot of land being worth near that much.

If I was rich, I'd buy that place, just for the good memories alone. That was my hang out in the 80's and I had some good times there. I still think a good owner could turn the place around.

Back