News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Indian place under Fuel+ has re-branded itself as a roti place.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's still around; it never really seemed that busy and when they cut their hours, I thought that was it for sure.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's still around; it never really seemed that busy and when they cut their hours, I thought that was it for sure.

The gay hegemony don't like foreign foods much. They prefer bar stuff and comfort food. And given the nature of things, who could blame them?

Last edited:
A La Turque used to do good lunch & dinner, and great late night business for takeaway food until 3'ish (Church, just north of Wellesley). They sold, the place was renamed and the food sucked after that. But there is a crowd for good ethnic food. Ginger does very well too, more of a sit-it place.

The gay hegemony don't like foreign foods much. They prefer bar stuff and comfort food. And given the nature of things, who could blame them?

not sure where that's coming from Mystic Point?
I thought their prices were high for what one was getting; and the containers were horrible.
the sauce always spilled out into the plastic bag and made a mess ... that was my dinner in the bag I just had to throw out !

Agreed. Gays love "foreign" food as much as anyone else, if not more because gays are usually more liberal than straights. I have never heard anyone call it that though. You say "we're going for Thai/Indian/pho/dim sum/sushi" etc. And people are always trying food from different places. Of course there'll always be the "comfort" food of pizza, burgers, subs, etc., I don't think that will ever go away.

Back