News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Approved landscape plan:

Plaza.png

I'm guessing both are required to meet accessibility + emergency egress requirements and service utilities/ventilation to a certain extent as well.

Civic Precinct Phase 2​

Project Website
Project Website

Budget - The project is currently on budget.​

Schedule - The project is more than 20% over its original targeted schedule.​

Scope - The project is within the scope approved in the project charter.​

Description:​

This project involves surface renewal work at the Civic Precinct as well as landscaping and electrical upgrades. Surface renewal includes repaving and resurfacing and work will be happening on many streets in the Civic Precinct (the area around City Hall) including on 99th Street from 102 A Avenue up to 103A Avenue, westward to 100th Street and south to 102A Avenue. Along 100 Street, between 102A Ave and 103A Ave. The project also includes tree planting, the construction of raised wood decks in the east garden and upgrading to LED fixtures.

Latest Update:​

The Civic Precinct Surface Renewal Project Phase 2 began the end of Q2 2021 and is forecasted for completion in Q2 2022. Construction has started around City Hall and the Civic Plaza. The project team continues to support the construction manager to minimize the impacts of the construction on City Hall activities as well as the surrounding events and activities. The project has experienced some delays due to unforeseen conditions on the east and west gardens which will result in a change in the structure for the decking.

Contact Information:​

Email: Devin.Richards@edmonton.ca
Phone:780-495-0298

Approved Schedule​

December, 2021​

Forecasted Schedule​

May, 2022​

Approved Budget​

$13.42 million​

Forecasted Budget​

$12.38 million​

Project Update - May 2022​

Construction will begin in June 2022.

The construction work and the presence of heavy equipment may create noise, which will have a short-term impact on nearby residents and businesses.

All City of Edmonton contract workers are required to abide by the City’s Community Standards Bylaw 14600 which restricts noise levels and hours of work.

Please respect all signage and obey staff direction in this active work zone.

The project page has some before and after images/renderings

I'm not calling the project revamp over designed but.... yeah... I'd have been happy with adding a mini lush lawn and maybe upgrading the stage for more live music/plays/feature film screenings on that stage area... It was also a great place to eat Fat Franks on lunch in the summer when I worked on the 6th floor... Those were the days!

Frankly I'd be more concerned with it being overrun with junkies looking to zoom to the stars on those hills in 6 months than anything else... Astroturf and broken crack pipes is so often not a good look for a city with a reputation to uphold you know....

The McKay Avenue playground had regular damage from folks high picking at the rubber and required a lot of maintenance.

There should be a playground connected with the childrens space in the library. Security and staff can help support and keep safe. Big miss.

^originally there was... unsure why this changed.

The daycare playground is now elevated on the south edge.

Back