News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^^^^ True... but there seems to be an inverse relationship -- the more passive the park the more active the drug scene; and the the more active the park the more passive the drug use.

Epic adventures​

August 12, 2022

Action, intrigue and adventures await at Movies on the Square. Bring your lawn chair to Sir Winston Churchill Square and soak in Edmonton’s warm summer evenings while watching epic family movies on a three-storey high inflatable screen.

This ultimate outdoor movie experience will include pre-movie entertainment starting at 6 p.m. Dress up in the theme of the film for a chance to win prizes for best costume. Food trucks will be on-site from 6 to 9 p.m. for those looking to buy food and movie snacks.

Admission is free, but don’t forget to bring your own lawn chair! Closed captioning will be offered when available. This is a free family-friendly event, so no alcohol or smoking please.

2022 Schedule​
c45bdf38-aee9-4923-bf15-6fc214e0a69e.png

Please note: Severe weather conditions may result in the cancellation of this event. Call 311 for the most up-to-date event information.

Getting There
Sir Winston Churchill Square is easily accessible by bus and LRT. Visit takeETS.com or call BusLink at 780-496-1600 for service details.

For more information
For more information call 311 or visit edmonton.ca/MoviesOnTheSquare.​

Media contact:
Karen McDonnell
Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement
780-218-2981​

Or folks have simply moved on from it given that it has taken 5 yrs to get going.

Bout time... but I would have loved to have seen it in its heyday.

Looking forward to this redo, even if it is not favourite design.

I quite like that parkade entrance as it is colourful and separates the busy road from the plaza.

Of note though, they better redo or remove the access stair just to the left of this shot for it looks awful and reminds me how piecemeal the area around the library has been.

I wish they would remove that canopy - its looks hideous from RHW and you are right blocks the view of the plaza. Anyone have the final design plan sketch?

Back