News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

glad we've got that settled!

this 39 floor building for the King East / Colborne block sounds good indeed. With partial use being commercial (assuming higher ceilings on those floors) this should end up being similar height to Spire (just a block north) and be a significant addition to the east side of the core! And as a bonus there goes another parking lot.

...and one of the parking lots I have been most eager to see go.

I hope that this 39 storey building is going to be sympathetic to the historic block on the south side of Colborne - EJ Lennox's Millburn Building is possibly our most beautiful run of historic retail facades in town, (which currently houses Colborne Lane, by some measures the best restaurant in the country) and the street deserves to be handled expertly.

I say call in a starchitect.

I'll have a front row seat watching this one rise. Luckily my apartment looks right down Colbourne so my view of the core won't totally be wiped out. Can't say the same for my neighbours. I wonder if they bought the full block or just the parking lot at Church. There's a separate lot facing the King Eddy.

What is 40 Esplanade? Is that London? I'm silently hoping it's the parking lot at Church.

What is 40 Esplanade? Is that London? I'm silently hoping it's the parking lot at Church.

Indeed?! What IS this? London is 56 The Esplanade. Ltower? ..must be..

Indeed?! What IS this? London is 56 The Esplanade. Ltower? ..must be..

Nope. Not the L Tower.. Sure sounds like London but that doesn't make any sense. ..and the add. is wrong. Hmmmm.

Nope. Not the L Tower.. Sure sounds like London but that doesn't make any sense. ..and the add. is wrong. Hmmmm.

Yay, Toronto remains the ground floor retail capital of the world!

Here's the residential list:
http://www.toronto.ca/planning/development_portfolio/pdf/residential_aug_2008.pdf

"The one far out on Steeles" seems to be part of this: http://www.thelandmarkcanada.com/

I drive by the site every morning. The main commercial building is already in construction, but it looks very water downed from the original rendering with wavy glass panels and the like. As it stands, it looks like a longer extended version of a Home Depot.

They are putting in two additional traffic light intersections along the stetch on Steeles to alleviate future traffic.

It may sound interesting Taal, and a commercial 'mall' development that is relatively large, but judging from the site as it is now, its nothing special.

Back