News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I drive by the site every morning. The main commercial building is already in construction, but it looks very water downed from the original rendering with wavy glass panels and the like. As it stands, it looks like a longer extended version of a Home Depot.

They are putting in two additional traffic light intersections along the stetch on Steeles to alleviate future traffic.

It may sound interesting Taal, and a commercial 'mall' development that is relatively large, but judging from the site as it is now, its nothing special.

T ... the Landmark is addressed as 5833 - 5951 Steeles Avenue East, and actually to the west of this site under currentl application

See the Landmark proposal on their website http://www.thelandmarkcanada.com/thelandmark/, click on 'The Project' on the bottem and then 'The Concept' on the left

anyhow on the Landmark project even being watered down I still like it (if it actually gets built), I also liked their marketing and the music on the website haha (sorta relaxing) its really a much larger and somewhat nicer version of Pacific Mall ... its nice that project would to extend State Crown Boulevard such that it connects with Steeles to complete the street grid

Granny - DSC is right - 40 The Esplanade is London. 56 is the building that the Bier Markt is in.

Oh, he's quoting himself now, speaking in the third person, everything...

So why would London be on the Development Application list at this stage? Is this part of an early registration of the building?

Draft Plan of Condo application is required to 'divide' the property to individual units ownership ... this is what enables the building to go from Occupancy Period to Registration ... so it'll be important that this goes through without hick-ups so that purchasers don't have to pays MONTHS in rent

T ... the Landmark is addressed as 5833 - 5951 Steeles Avenue East, and actually to the west of this site under currentl application

See the Landmark proposal on their website http://www.thelandmarkcanada.com/thelandmark/, click on 'The Project' on the bottem and then 'The Concept' on the left

anyhow on the Landmark project even being watered down I still like it (if it actually gets built), I also liked their marketing and the music on the website haha (sorta relaxing) its really a much larger and somewhat nicer version of Pacific Mall ... its nice that project would to extend State Crown Boulevard such that it connects with Steeles to complete the street grid

Thanks for the clarification. I've seen their renderings before and their supposed 'innovative' mall concept. I'll give them kudos for their marketing strategy. However, this is a crappy location for such a mall. This area was not meant for more commercial activity. I agree its nice that they connected the infinished road to Steeles, but any development on this property would've instigate such a requirement from the City.

Anyways, IMO, if they are going to bring such a mall, make it look pretty and live up to the standards you claimed in your marketing bs.I should hold off judgement until its finished, but right now, the 'look' of the mall doesn't look appealing whatsoever.

In regards to the other development that was actually made reference to: great....another Lowe's......we all know they are trying to crush its competiters. There isn't a market for all these Lowe's opening!

Back